More people that are full of crap...

batemanpatrickl

Business meeting set today between a company and a client. I am not in the same region so I cannot attend the meeting personally and financially it would not make sense.

Long story short. Talk to the client this morning and he is all set. Meeting time comes, crickets. Try his phone, crickets. E-mail him, crickets.

About three hours after the scheduled time, he sends me an e-mail stating that his daughter was in a car accident and he is with her at the hospital. Claims he got the call on his way to the meeting. Now unless she was dying or in the ICU unit, he could have taken 2 minutes to call me and explain the situation. Nope. Sends an e-mail which to me is always the way a coward goes out.

Call me an asshole because most people do but this dude is full of shit. I have a better shot at winning the lottery than what he claims took place at the exact time he was supposed to be at the meeting.

I don't know why people cannot be honest. Call me and tell me you are not interested. Call me and three days ago and tell me you are not interested. Don't wait until the day of so now I look like a jerk in front of the company.

JFC.

Bater are you new to the business world ? People agree

To meetings all the time and have shit happen. I usually miss / reschedule a few a week unintentionally.

I agree waiting 3 hours is kinda weak, but nothing to get upset about.

I'm currently interviewing with 3 different companies. Have already went through phone screenings with all 3 and done at least one in-person with 2. Now the third one is a company I really want to work for, it's tech company that everyone here would know and I expect they have the best of the best working there. Anyways, the recruiter there sees my profile on linked in on Monday and said tells me I'm perfect and they really want to talk to me. I tell her I'm already deep in the interview process with 2 other places but that I do like the company she works at. She says she wants to do a phone screening the next day and sends me the outlook calendar thingy for me to confirm. I confirm by hitting "yes" on the calendar thing and email her back

Confirming. Next day at 330 when she's suppose to call me nothing. I wait till 345 then email her asking if she was running late and needed to reschedule. No response. Wait another 15 and call her. Right to vm. The next day at 3pm

she emails me apologizing saying she booked it for the wrong day. She then tells me she is on a fukking boat on puget sound but that she needs to talk to me asap as this role urgently needs filled. So I call her and of course can barely hear her. Anyways , she says she really wants me to come in and meet with the hiring manager but she is going on vacation and can't deal with organizing it till she returns in a week. I ask her why she told me it was urgent and even after I told her I was already deep in the process with 2 other places. Her response ' "oh well, I like thought you wanted to give us a shot too" completely oblivious to how unprofessional she had been in all interactions and how it made no sense to wait a week bc she was going to be gone. Told her not to even bother schedulinge it when she got back.

About 20 minutes ago the hiring manager for the position reached out to me to schedule something for tomorrow. Talk about an unorganized disaster.