Cueto deal official.. Royals gave up a lot

Stroppier Milk

Lamb had a rough patch but is still only 24 and has put together a couple solid seasons now at AAA and showing nice improvement this year with an under 3 era so far , so definitely some potential there and he was ranked very high previously. 

When adding him in with Finnegan who really has a live arm i think the Reds did very well here and probably wouldn't of done much better moving Cueto elsewhere. 

Lamb is blah to me. Not a fan of his at all.

I'm a big fan of finnegan.

Reed isn't anything special. A nice return in general though as I think finnegan will be a star.

Lamb is dealing at AAA.

He is 9-1 this year with a 2.67 ERA.   9.2 K/BB ratio.

He's been throwing mid 90's all summer.

He has 96 K's in 94 IP.

As for Reed.

He just turned 19.  

And another hard throwing lefty.     

Has a 11k/bb ratio at AA.    Long ways away, but still ranked among the Royals Top 30 prospects.

Lamb is dealing at AAA.

He has 96 K's in 94 IP.

As for Reed.

He just turned 19.  

Has a 11k/bb ratio at AA.    Long ways away, but still ranked among the Royals Top 30 prospects.

I know Lamb's numbers. This is his first year of pro ball with a WHIP under 1.3. His FIP for the season is still 3.57. I'm just not a big fan. Plenty of guys throw hard. His arm has come all the way back from the surgery finally, but I just don't see much there in terms of elite potential. 

Lamb might be a nice back end of the rotation starter, that's his peak level, but his ceiling is no longer as a top 1-2 starter in a rotation. He's probably better off being moved to the bullpen as his arsenal is very reliant on two pitches and his change up isn't devastating enough for that; i think his slow curveball will be next to useless in the the bigs. 

Lamb is dealing at AAA.

He has 96 K's in 94 IP.

As for Reed.

He just turned 19.  

It was a very good haul for the Reds and A lot of young talent for a rental esp since KC really aren't big players come offseason FA's and will almost surely lose Cueto. 

I think Lamb at this point is undervalued and could easily turn into a good middle of the rotation arm. 

I know Lamb's numbers. This is his first year of pro ball with a WHIP under 1.3. His FIP for the season is still 3.57. I'm just not a big fan. Plenty of guys throw hard. His arm has come all the way back from the surgery finally, but I just don't see much there in terms of elite potential. 

Lamb might be a nice back end of the rotation starter, that's his peak level, but his ceiling is no longer as a top 1-2 starter in a rotation. He's probably better off being moved to the bullpen as his arsenal is very reliant on two pitches and his change up isn't devastating enough for that; i think his slow curveball will be next to useless in the the bigs. 

Lamb could easily be a solid middle of rotation arm and his stuff def plays better there as of now then from the pen , although with developing arms one never can tell. If not for the injury problems he may have been slotted on KC's rotation now. 

Plus for a rental like Cueto you were not going to get say a Rodon type #1 ace potential arm any where close to majors these days teams are too careful now prospect wise for rental players to do that.  Both Lamb and Fennigan could be parts in Reds rotation sooner rather then later. 

With those things considered and Finnergan's potential its a pretty good price that KC paid , but with a lot of teams in hunt for Cueto it's def what it took. I still think its a nice move for the Royals as you have to make these moves and take your shot when you think you have it. Plus they have some depth SPing wise in minors so its a deal they could make and not be damaged much prospect wise. 

I think it was a nice deal for both teams, I wouldn't be that excited, I think finny is a RP. I would have wanted a higher ceiling guys, but maybe Finn will prove to be a worthy centerpiece as timely suggests.

Os need Jay Bruce

They wanted Stroman from the jays but the jays told them to get steppin