(TGF kicking in $3000 up front) What should the buy-in be for the TGF football handicapping contest?

KingRevolver

Guest boatboatboat

No wouldnt join for 100, would be too many people in and take the value out of the added cash.  im going to hawaii in november and dominican in february and dont need to win another vacation so would like if this was bigger buy in.

from a pure statical standpoint the lower the entry fee is, the wiser this play is +EV

In regards to vacation contest, there is also a $1000 cash opt out 1st place in all of them

Guest boatboatboat

results will be posted every week.

if you are concerned that somehow someone would be cheating to assist others, I recommend not playing.

using a PPH I will simply post the account balances every week.

not going to c/p a few hundred plays each week and sit in front of a computer waiting to post them just prior to games starting

from a pure statical standpoint the lower the entry fee is, the wiser this play is +EV

In regards to vacation contest, there is also a $1000 cash opt out 1st place in all of them

Id rather have 10 people in at 500 a pop than 50 at 100 a pop.  The less people, the more money that is distributed to top spots only and better shot at cashing for a big prize.

based on these numbers your +EV is the same but your chances of cashing are better with less people unless you pay out 15 places in the 100 buy in and dilute the prize pool.

Guest boatboatboat

I understand you logic.

But do keep in mind the reason TGF is willing to kick in 3k is to build site traffic.

having 10 people really doesn't assist in that endeavor.

Guest boatboatboat

its a work in progress Keith.

no idea what post up amount will be but having "lots of guys" in it is a major portion of the original reason the contest was put into place.

details will follow, and how to send $ will be sent to people  via PM.

Guest boatboatboat

100 plus players

never happen.

might not happen if ZERO entry

some guys are simply "to cool for school"

America's bookie is giving away a FREE $1000 in a contest, ZERO entry fee. Wont get any where near 100 entries.

Oh boy.....   :jerk

King, are you or Mike running this thing?    Or is Boast going to be muddling his way through this one?

Great overlay, great contest for  posters,..... .not great enough to entice me to enter something the EZStreet shill  is involved in though.

Money isn't that important for those of us who have very little.   If it was I'd have taken his path when working in this industry.

Appreciate it if you extend your reputation KR and respond honestly to my question.  Wouldn't be caught dead in this thing if he was in charge.

Thank you sir.  

:hat   :hat

Guest boatboatboat

Please sign up.

I nor the 2k of donated money I secured of the 3k simply doesn't need the hassle

.  Wouldn't be caught dead in this thing if he was in charge.

Thank you sir.  

:hat   :hat

King, are you or Mike running this thing?    Or is Boast going to be muddling his way through this one?

Tripp, Boat and I are essentially running it.  Boat is helping me by putting the PPH thing together.  He also helped me with the funding of the contest.

Tripp and I will take care of the week-to-week running of the contest.

:cheers

Not sure why you would include him with something of substance?   Instead of his usual work this  might interest more seasoned  players but I guess you have to play the hand dealt to you KR.

Don't take it personal when I opine on the credibility level of this thing, hopefully EOG offers up something similar  with better decision makers involved.

Boat might see something "suspicious" and confiscate all the monies again if one of his superiors at XYZ book tells him to.

Not a big deal but this  dead money entry is going to pass.   Good luck sir.

Tell your nephew I said Hi

Your normal classy stuff, LOL.   I've come to expect it.

And please by all means stay involved, I know as the owner you aren't going anywhere.  Don't even start up that bullshit.....

Geez.

And please for the love of GOD I'm only speaking for me.....

We don't need every employee and/or contest player that relies on him in some financial capacity  to run out and give him their personal endorsement.

We get it, he's a hero to many of you.  

I understand I'm speaking for the vast minority, find a new thread to kiss the ass of the TGF owner  please, this is about the contest.  

:doh    :doh