Angels Imploding in 2015 : CJ Wilson's Elbow

maron

-145 on the Astros to win the AL West.  Awful chalk to risk on a young team capable of getting cold at bet again.  Then I look at what the Angels are going through and it does not seem as unreasonable.

CJ Wilson getting massive heat about his elbow and not pitching hurt from his team mates.  If it has made it all the way to the national media then it really has to be a problem.

What a bad situation..http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25256944/several-angels-teammates-skeptical-of-cj-wilsons-elbow-injury

I just cant believe it reached the national media.  It must be really bad if those on the outside are hearing about it.

Mike Y.....set aside time considerations....

is -145 for the Astros to win the AL West the move or should young teams just not be trusted with this chalk

I just cant believe it reached the national media. It must be really bad if those on the outside are hearing about it.

Mike Y.....set aside time considerations....

is -145 for the Astros to win the AL West the move or should young teams just not be trusted with this chalk

I like The moves they made, getting springer back soon will be a nice boost too. I don't think it's a bad price. But I'd lay off to be honest. But that's just me.

what would his motive be for faking an injury on a contending team?

From what ive read they dont necessarily think hes faking the injury, but think he is making it out to be more than it is and they think he should pitch through it instead of having season ending surgery. So pretty much they think he is being a pussy

Its not even a kind of douchebag move from his teammates and organization, its a completely disgusting move. CJ says he has been pitching through it for months and it only is making it worse. They arent the ones that have to deal with the longterm consequences if he really fucks up his shoulder by pitching through it too much, he is. He said he isnt willing to risk blowing out his shoulder and ending his career just to try and pitch through the pain for a playoff run

Obv not all the info is available to us but from what ive seen and read on the situation i side with CJ 100000% over the Angels 

Velocity, movement, groove charts consistent all year and last 5

Don't look too hurt on paper to miss starts.

That doesnt mean there isnt pain. And it doesnt mean there isnt anything wrong. Gotta trust the players and if heis in pain and says it has only gotten worse after every start than its impossible to just ignore that and tell him who cares pitch through it 

Velocity, movement, groove charts consistent all year and last 5

Don't look too hurt on paper to miss starts.

he's lost range of motion in his throwing arm - that's what happens when bone spurts accumulate over time. can do damage if he continues to pitch through it.

funny thing is cj has been pitching through the pain all year, and it's gotten worse. a doctor told him it's in his best interest to have the surgery done for the future of his career. apparently his teammates, who are not doctors, seem to think they are better at diagnosing injuries than elite doctors. 

some athletes are so dumb