this video tells me heroin can be ok for some people

TeamGSP

some of you might have already seen it but it's from a few years ago a segment on 60 minutes on if sugar is toxic.

What would happen if i eat 1 maple donut from winchells?  yeah nothing is going to happen but once i eat 1 i just won't be able to stop.  And it's not like i am going to eat another maple donut, i am going to want to eat some skittles for 99 cents and then drink a 12 ounce can of coca cola.  Over a period of years i just kept building it up and then it didn't help that metabolism changes a lot past your late 20s and into your 30s.  Why do people get fat when they get older?  i don't think they are eating more, to me they are eating about the same or even less but their bodies just don't metabolize like it did when they were in high school.  

I really wish i had a coach, mentor, relative, or lifelong friend tell me these type of things early on instead of finding out the truth in my 40s.  And it's not about the table sugar that this 60 minutes video talks about but it's a whole lotta other really simple items like doritos.  I gotta tell you that when i used to buy any kind of potato chips especially the ones with the distinct artificial flavorings, it came to the point where i just could not stop eating them.  In fact i could eat the whole bag in 1 sitting.  i could eat a whole pizza after i had some beers and that was scary.  I'm ok now because i found out the truth and i haven't eaten any potato chips since 2013 but basically i have gotten my body to the point where i can drink 3-4 beers in 1 sitting and not be hungry afterwards.  Yes i have trained my own body with a special kind of diet the last few years to treat alcohol as basically a meal.  And keep in mind i am talking about the lightest beer known to mankind michelob ultra 2.6 carbs per bottle.  Hell i like putting a half a shot or so of grey goose vodka per 12 ounces and if i do that i can drink about 2-3 and then be ok with the nice buzz for a little while.  

Yeah i know you're probably thinking that i am weak shit for being able to get buzzed off of some really light beer but this was definitely not the case back say in 2007 when i was overweight.  Now, i have not had any junk food for a few years but what would happen if i ate 1 hostess twinkie?  What would happen if i bought 1 small bag of lays sour cream and onion potato chips?  Yeah nothing is going to happen if i ate 1 of each but i'm just going to want more and more and it's a terrible thought to know exactly what is going to happen before you even do it and so i just rather not do it anymore to begin with.

My people, if you can eat 1 piece of cheesecake every month along with 1 order of mcdonalds that would include the french fries and soft drink and keep it to just that once a month, and no other junk food, you have my total respect.  There might be 1 person i have ever come across in my life who can do stuff like this but you are just so lucky if you are that 1 of few who just does not need to have stuff like this because it definitely tastes really good.  And maybe you have the special kind of metabolism that allows you to eat anything you want and never gain weight, even when you are in your 40s but a think a lot of people would be really jealous of you. 

Have you ever tried smoking cigarettes and marijuana but then you didn't like it so you just didn't end up doing it anymore?  Have you every tried any drugs like cocaine, heroin, pcp, lcd, mushrooms, methamphetamines but then you had a really bad experience with them, started throwing up and then you haven't done them for whatever reason since then?  What about any of the legal prescription drugs, like ativan, fentanyl, valium, ambien, any drug defined as a controlled substance?  I think i would consider you very lucky if you have done any of these things without needing them anymore after using them a single or few times.  

I myself have never made a single attempt to smoke a cigarette, nevermind something very strong and controversial like heroin, but you know what?  Even though i have never done any drugs, i can picture that heroin is like the pack of skittles candy you can buy for 99 cents.  I can picture heroin being like a bag of lays potato chips and you know what they say "No one can just eat one."  Once you start shooting up the heroin you're just not going to be able to stop unless you're 1 of the select few who can have 1 order of mcdonalds with 1 slice of cheesecake no more than once a month.  

Everyone has their poison and i'm sure you're not going to let anyone know if you like to smoke heroin instead of shooting it.  And just because you obtain your prescription of vicodin legally from a doctor doesn't make you any better than the person who does cocaine illegally either, they are all the same,  do you think burger king is better than mcdonalds?  Was it fun going to the clubs 10 years ago snorting cocaine in the bathroom and finding women who digged you because you could get it for them anytime?  Who's ready to admit they like to eat wendys 3 times a week?  Yes i know in and out burger tastes really good and they've got that distinct smell outside of their restaurants when you pass by.  You want my opinion about in and out burger?  All of them are laced with something special to make you want more and more.  What do you call the kind of weed laced with purple haze?  At least marijuana has never been attributed to death but i'm afraid if i tried it i won't be able to stop.  What about brownies laced with marijuana?  mmmmmmmmmmm i can only imagine how good they must taste.

So what does heroin have to do with this video you say?  i've got to believe that there are a select few out there who can control their recreational drug activities the same way 1 can eat pizza about 10 times a year.  Are you 1 of the select few?

I'm an addict through and through.

Only thing going for me is I'm reasonably good at sticking to the fringes of true addiction. Being a full addict without the rock bottom.

Despite being reasonably thin, I've always had a trying relationship with food. I ballooned up from 160 to 230 in my late 20s. It was gradual thing but still disgusting. Thankfully was able to get things under control, got back to 165 and have since never even cracked 200 again. Though for a few months period , I found it impossible to not eat dessert. I'm sure it was partly the weeds doing , but it was my brain was wired to want it around 10pm. Hard habit to break.

• 5 months later...