Is Trump+400 a trap?

roachman

i'm not arguing the ROI.  if all things were equal, that would be correct.    if I could login to etrade, deposit 5000, and get 5830 on Aug 1st, next year, then yes it would be a no brainer.   (assuming i had the 5k).

but all things aren't equal.  can you find me 5 RELIABLE outs that offer the -600 "no," willing to take 1k each?  outs that you are certain will be around for next year's primary?  And I hope none of these books charge for withdrawals!  

i'm not arguing the ROI. if all things were equal, that would be correct. if I could login to etrade, deposit 5000, and get 5830 on Aug 1st, next year, then yes it would be a no brainer. (assuming i had the 5k).

but all things aren't equal. can you find me 5 RELIABLE outs that offer the -600 "no," willing to take 1k each? outs that you are certain will be around for next year's primary? And I hope none of these books charge for withdrawals!

Maybe we should ask our resident sharp -FH- how you can get down on this. Where there is a will, there is a way.

This all hypothetical of course. Because you dont have 5k laying around. But maybe Tripper does?

there's another reason, too.

everyone wants to act like they're some kind of pro.  in reality, there's maybe a couple advantage players on this board.  a guy like me is in this for one reason:  recreation.  don't get me wrong, i want to be a good bettor, the same way i want to score low when i play golf.  

discipline, money management, information, timing...these things aren't mutually exclusive with recreational sports betting.   you know what is, though?  tying up 5k for a year on a -600  wager at a variety of outs.  

because, at the end of the day, i'm just a guy who likes the gamble.  and if we all got gut-level honest, the majority is with me on that. 

everyone wants to act like they're some kind of pro. in reality, there's maybe a couple advantage players on this board. a guy like me is in this for one reason: recreation. don't get me wrong, i want to be a good bettor, the same way i want to score low when i play golf.

discipline, money management, information, timing...these things aren't mutually exclusive with recreational sports betting. you know what is, though? tying up 5k for a year on a -600 wager at a variety of outs.

because, at the end of the day, i'm just a guy who likes the gamble. and if we all got gut-level honest, the majority is with me on that.

Amen. Im with you. Strictly recreational guy here as well.

...you pretty much only play at Pinny??????

Why??

Because living in canada i have access to them, id trust them with 100 k (not that id need to) and they offer everything i need. Are there tons of other great outs one could have? Sure but i am not a +ev guy i do this for fun and dont have the desire to shop across tons of different outs looking for the best line or best bonus. Ill play whatever lines pinny puts up and be just fine with it.

Maybe we should ask our resident sharp -FH- how you can get down on this. Where there is a will, there is a way.

This all hypothetical of course. Because you dont have 5k laying around. But maybe Tripper does?

I already answered the question FH posed though. I pretty much only play at pinnacle and pinnacle has NEVER offered anything trump related. They had Dem vs Repub (and i have a few hundred already on the Dems winning that i plan on adding much more to by the time nov 2016 rolls around), then they had Clinton vs Field for a few weeks and then for a few days recently they had Clinton vs Field for the Dem nom only. Never had had a bet option of who would be the repub nom

And no i am not going to the hassle of finding a bunch of new books to deposit into to find trump props just because i think there is no way he wins. As pvc said there is trust issues, withdrawal fee issues, the hold time issue and really just the hassle. I dont do this to try and grind profit playing +ev bonuses. I have no desire to be a pro gambler. So the thought of playing a huge favorite across different books to get a marginally better return than a good savings acct doesnt appeal to me

everyone wants to act like they're some kind of pro.  in reality, there's maybe a couple advantage players on this board.  a guy like me is in this for one reason:  recreation.  don't get me wrong, i want to be a good bettor, the same way i want to score low when i play golf.  

discipline, money management, information, timing...these things aren't mutually exclusive with recreational sports betting.   you know what is, though?  tying up 5k for a year on a -600  wager at a variety of outs.  

because, at the end of the day, i'm just a guy who likes the gamble.  and if we all got gut-level honest, the majority is with me on that. 

pvc gets it 

Im praying he does win the GOP nom diabler since it would lock up my Dem to win pres election bet, but unfortunately they will have to face tougher competition

I think hes a joke and hope he doesnt win it either. Although I love that hes making the political establishment nervous as hell. And I like that hes not politically correct and says what the fuck he wants. With no apologies.

Id probably vote for Carson. The lesser of all the evils.