Notre Dame Spread Plummets

hustledouble

Currently -8.5. The line opened at 14 and despite 68% of bets on the Irish it has dropped 5.5 points this week.

Syracuse is coming off a 14 point home loss to Maryland. They're 2-1 on the season, having beat Villanova in overtime in their home opener and Central Michigan in a blowout on the road. Villanova is a good, but not great, FCS club.

Two years removed from a National Title game loss, Notre Dame is 8th in the country after 3 weeks, propped up by a (now seemingly less valuable) Michigan blow-out. Notre Dame did, however, struggle for a half against an undermanned Purdue team two weeks ago.

This one is a bit quizzical to me.

I think Brian Kelly is going to have his boys ready to play. With the Big Ten in disarray and the Pac 12 being so strong, there are going to be a lot of 1 loss teams, and I think the Irish think they can (at least for now) quietly get through to the playoff.

The main worry here is Notre Dame looking ahead to Stanford next week, a loss from last year they might want to avenge.

Notre Dame has

I don't think I like it at 14 but at 8.5, I'll take the Fighting Irish.

The total, by the way, at 51.5, has gone under in 6 of Notre Dame's last 7 and 4 of Syracuse's last 6 games.

Good luck today.