If you are a good live poker player

WVU

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well given a 4 hour session you're lucky to see between 100- 125 hands, hard to say.

Win rates at 1-2 can be pretty high especially in tourist friendly rooms in Vegas since few people can grind out a living playing only 1-2 mixed with the fact there is usually a few casual players who are there to drink and have fun.

I'd guess around 60-70%

The real answer would have to depend on how aggressive you are.  A good aggressive player might only walk away ahead 40% of the time, but when he wins he wins more.  A good tight player might walk away ahead 66% of the time, but he could be making much less than the 40% guy.

The real answer would have to depend on how aggressive you are. A good aggressive player might only walk away ahead 40% of the time, but when he wins he wins more. A good tight player might walk away ahead 66% of the time, but he could be making much less than the 40% guy.

Absolutely agree.

I know a few guys that got their start grinding live 1-2. When they'd show me their results there wereplenty of break even or close to it sessions. The majority of their profits would be for a few huge wins often for 10 or more buying where as losses would be capped around 3 or 4 since you'll typically have a stoploss set

I have been going to the Hard Rock which is only 5 minutes from me once or twice a week for the last couple months.   There is a $500 high hand which is often won with 4oak.   I notice that 60% of those playing in weekend days are regulars vs 40% weekend nights.   I am going to track my play here.  Your welcome.

I am a diamond member and still get bonuses and havent been limited so id say i lose quite a bit overall.  Havent played tourneys seriously in a while due to losing pokerstars.  Also having two young kids i dont have the freedom to sit and play a 7-8 hour tournament without distractions.  I did get 2nd in a late night tourney on bookmaker a few weeks back for 25 or 2600....was the BIG 15k i think

Always was a winning poker player though.

The real answer would have to depend on how aggressive you are.  A good aggressive player might only walk away ahead 40% of the time, but when he wins he wins more.  A good tight player might walk away ahead 66% of the time, but he could be making much less than the 40% guy.

That's very unlikely.  An aggro who wins 40% of the time and loses 60% is going to be a pretty big loser.  When he wins he wins more, yes.  But when he loses he loses more.

But yes a good tag should win about 2/3 of the time, though it isn't win % that matters in poker.

Absolutely agree.

I know a few guys that got their start grinding live 1-2. When they'd show me their results there wereplenty of break even or close to it sessions. The majority of their profits would be for a few huge wins often for 10 or more buying where as losses would be capped around 3 or 4 since you'll typically have a stoploss set

OP didn't say anything about a stop-loss.  And aggros suck at sticking to a stop-loss.  If you're losing 60% of the time, you're losing.  This idea WVU has sounds like something spewed by a player who wants to justify his frequent losses.  Yes, you can play 10 sessions and be ahead despite losing 6 of them.  You're not going to be ahead losing 600 out of a 1000.