Should Jets start Vick next week?

Joe Blow

Geno is the starter and that's not going to change. Jets open +7 at the Chargers and are staring down 1-4.

The problem with Geno is in between the ears. I think Rex Ryan should pull a Joe Philbin and say the starting spot is up for grabs. Seemed to work well today for Miami. Then again....that was against the Raiders.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Vick is a true competitor that does not quit..until he gets ribs broken. Now he's older, even more susceptible to injury. I think Geno is garbage. Tough spot.

Play awful, cuss out the fans, and lose; or play with heart and get carted off the field...and still lose. Those are their options.

I was thinking the same thing. Tough to bench your "QB of the future" for a guy that has 1 or maybe 2 years left. Vick is probably better than Geno, but Geno won't get better by sitting on the bench. But why not try and use Vick and get a few W's then he'll get injured and Geno can come back in and make his team miss the playoffs.

Jets aren't going to win it this year, so don't see why they'd bench their QB for a guy that has no chance of being the QB 3-5 years down the road...Unlike the situation in Jax/Minny.

Fans chanting "We want Vick" and then Geno cursing at fans......think he is gets one more chance @ San Diego this Sunday. If he sucks it up again they start Vick at home against Denver. Rex will be forced to bench him at home if coming off another shite performance to prevent home fan backlash.

Good point