This is a crazy gun stat

Stroppier Milk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really shocking considering the number of firearms in peoples homes.  I would think the majority of those would be accidental shootings where the parents are too stupid to lock up their guns.  It could be looked at as a cruel form of natural selection.   I like how people take one little odd stat to frame an entire argument.. 

This is a gun control post. I'll add:

Gun-free school zones are ineffective. They make people less safe by inviting criminals into target-rich, no-risk environments, “Gun-free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.”

KingKolzig, on 08 Oct 2015 - 1:26 PM, said:

theres also multiple more prescholers then cops

Good point.  What's being discussed comes down to responsible parenting.  It's bizarrely disingenuous to compare accidental toddler deaths to police being killed in the line of duty.  It would be interesting to compare drownings, poisonings or even auto accidents where parents do not have children properly buckled in a car seat.  Responsible parenting ultimately cannot be forced through legislation.  You don't have to look any further than pool fence laws or car seat laws  to see that tragedies are unfortunately going to happen in this world, despite the best efforts of the nanny state.  

theres also multiple more prescholers then cops

Obviously.

But for the "greatest country on earth"--- you would think that those most vulnerable of our population would be more protected from violent death of gun shots than say... the police whose job it is to put their life on the line.

1 toddler death from a gun shot is one too many.

This is a gun control post. I'll add:

Gun-free school zones are ineffective. They make people less safe by inviting criminals into target-rich, no-risk environments, “Gun-free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.”

You are a fucking retard.

Just think if they hired 4-5 armed veterans at every school and all teachers were packing. There would be no mass shooting at those institutions. Arm security in malls. Police secure professional sports venues.

Look at how many gun crimes are in Chicago, but the media refuses to talk about it. Over 40 dead in two weeks including a 11 month old. Chicago has the strictist gun laws and the most gun deaths. Taking away guns is not going to reduce crime or stop someone from getting one. A mad man can get a gun anytime in the black market and have open season on gun free zones. Responsible gun owners use guns for hunting, target practice, protection, and lock them up safely.

Hell my friend in Spokane has 20 acres with 500 yard range. He has 45 guns and reloads his ammo. I fee very safe around conceal carry permit holders. It's the stupid people that don't lock up guns or the nutcase kid in Oregon got the gun from his mother. They weren't registered in his name. Mother knew he was a loner and hated religion, but still made the guns assessable to him. She should be held liable.

Obama is coming to Roseburg, OR tomorrow and he won't get a warm reception after he politicize the shooting right after instead of mourning of the deaths.

You are a fucking retard.

LOL!!! You were just waiting for a post from me. This loser is just like the shooter in Oregon. A fucking lonely. Hangs out at forums all day with no life. Your simply just a bag of shit. You have no friends, so you look for them on here. Nobody really replies to your threads or would notice if you disappear indefinitely.

Stroppier Milk, on 08 Oct 2015 - 1:42 PM, said:

Obviously.

But for the "greatest country on earth"--- you would think that those most vulnerable of our population would be more protected from violent death of gun shots than say... the police whose job it is to put their life on the line.

1 toddler death from a gun shot is one too many.

Why single out guns? 

That's the whole purpose of comparing toddlers to cops.  To get people to respond emotionally to stats that simply do not belong in the discussion. (cops dying in the line of duty?) Seriously?

You could save children from dying a violent death by simply banning them from being in a car before a certain age.   Again it comes down to parenting not more laws. 

How many freedoms are you going to give up to accomplish something like zero toddler deaths from a gun? 

Why single out guns? 

That's the whole purpose of comparing toddlers to cops.  To get people to respond emotionally to stats that simply do not belong in the discussion. (cops dying in the line of duty?) Seriously?

You could save children from dying a violent death by simply banning them from being in a car before a certain age.   Again it comes down to parenting not more laws. 

How many freedoms are you going to give up to accomplish something like zero toddler deaths from a gun? 

Why single out guns?  I'm not singling out guns.   Kids get shot in this country from guns.   That's a fact.

They also die in car accidents.

Are you trying to draw a parallel between those two?   You don't see or understand the difference in a kid getting shot in his neighborhood, or a car sliding off the road and a family dying?   You see those two deaths as being the same?

Sorry, but there is no emotion baiting going on here.   More toddlers dying from gun shots than police is fucking ridiculous to me.

Let me ask you this.   If giving up a gun meant no innocent person would be killed by a stray bullet again in this country, would you be willing to accept it?

LOL!!! You were just waiting for a post from me. This loser is just like the shooter in Oregon. A fucking lonely. Hangs oyut at forums all day with no life. Your simply just a bag of shit. You have no friends, so you look for them on here. Nobody really replies to your threads or would notice if you disappear indefinitely.

Retard.

How are those EMP warning coming along?

Sad?  Fucker, the only thing you have in this world is posting end-of-time bullshit across every forum you visit.

I honestly love the irony of you exploding in an attack from a muslim.

Being a cop isn't even a dangerous job.  Doesn't even crack the top 10... unless they have an agenda and fudge the numbers.

Yet, we're led to believe that they are in constant danger, and on high alert... and that's the reason they're trigger happy.  No, it's because you're a scumbag with a chip on your shoulder, and you're trying to get back at a society that rejected you when you were in High School... 

If you are going to keep a gun in the house put it in a safe.

I always thought this was dumb. What good is it in a safe? Defeats the whole purpose of having a firearm in the home. If you are gonna need it quick, you arent gonna have time to go open the safe in most instances. I keep a gun loaded in the nightstand next to my bed.

This is all about parenting. My kids arent idiot brats who do whatever they want. They do what I tell them. And they know if they ever touched one of my guns, that they would be in big shit.

If you are going to keep a gun in the house put it in a safe.

If you have dogs they will give you enough warning so you can access your guns in time should someone break in and try to kill you.

Guns are not evil you just have to respect them.

I have three dogs, a gated fence that makes noise, and they failed to bark and some a hole stole my lawnmower. 

So you're telling us that your 15 year old kid listens to you and obeys you without exception, huh? Either you're nuts and deluded, or your kids a retard.

Yes. My daughter is not perfect. But I trust her to do the right things. She has been a straight A student since birth. She is very responsible. And would never even give it a 2nd thought to go play around with 1 of my guns.

Again, hard for most of you to fathom. I get it.

Thats how fucked up our society has become. That you are skeptical that a kid would obey and listen to their parents. That you would call me delusional or my kid a retard for doing what I tell them to do. Its not a kid problem, its a parent problem. 90% of parents out there have no business raising children. And they expect me as an educator to do it for them since they are so fucking clueless themselves.