• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatboatboat

Where did you work at 16?

What was your first job?

Give us top 3 plays

JC Penny's and as a DJ at a small radio station, and a Roller Rink. When 17 or so got job at Grocery store that gave me more hours than JC Pennys did, so I quit that.  Also painted house some in the summer, and the normal mowing yards stuff. Also sold fishing lures I made. I started doing that at about age 13. Would deliver them to bait shops on my bike. Called the company "fillet maker"

Also had a trap line which I ran from about age 10 to 18. That was the highest paying job I had per hour by far. in the late 70's to early 80's fur prices were very high. I could catch 4-7 muskrats a day and they sold for 6-8 bucks each. In 1978 dollars. Very good money for a young person. Plus a GREAT time that taught many life lessons.

I have since age 16 always had 3 or more jobs at the same time. Still do to this day.

I watched my parents try to get by on social security alone with ZERO savings. Swore that would never happen to me or my daughter. 

work now, play latter. I have reached the point in life where latter is very close. 

heck when I was 35 to 45 and doing "ok" I still had a bread route I would go on at 4 in the AM and put bread on the shelves that a truck had left the night before. Worked from 4 to 6:30 3 days a week and made a few hundred dollars a week. My peers would scoff that I was willing to do that, as they knew I didn't "need" to. Used that $ to set aside enough to pay for large  portion of daughter's college.

Also had a trap line which I ran from about age 10 to 18. That was the highest paying job I had per hour by far. in the late 70's to early 80's fur prices were very high. I could catch 4-7 muskrats a day and they sold for 6-8 bucks each. In 1978 dollars. Very good money for a young person. Plus a GREAT time that taught many life lessons.

I have since age 16 always had 3 or more jobs at the same time.

Guest boatboatboat

you won Deem

came here said Kelly was cheating

went to EOG said Kelly was a great guy

came here said you worried you would get stiffed

went to eog and said you weren't worried

came here and said you were done at eog

went to eog and said you were done here

got paid 2 weeks latter...............

I leave anything out?

Guest boatboatboat

Nothing to be "sorry" about

All of our parents have or will die some day

All of us will die someday.

Dying at age 80+ not in pain, after a full life with a loved one beside you is far from tragic.

We should all be so lucky

Nothing to be "sorry" about

All of our parents have or will die some day

All of us will die someday.

Dying at age 80+ not in pain, after a full life with a loved one beside you is far from tragic.

We should all be so lucky

umm, so you want me to be an ass like Deemer?  curious.

Anyway, after reading your story, I've gained much respect.  I can carve up folks in forumland, but seriously don't care to muck with folk with a background as yours.  Mine was similar.

Kinger is a dick, but a sorta like him as well.

Yanks is good troop.

hanging 'round to help you cunts out.

BTW, new NBA model looks good in holdout.  Also, found improvements in NFL model.  Hang onto hats, I think you will see some amazing selections going forward.

umm, so you want me to be an ass like Deemer?  curious.

Anyway, after reading your story, I've gained much respect.  I can carve up folks in forumland, but seriously don't care to muck with folk with a background as yours.  Mine was similar.

Kinger is a dick, but a sorta like him as well.

Yanks is good troop.

hanging 'round to help you cunts out.

BTW, new NBA model looks good in holdout.  Also, found improvements in NFL model.  Hang onto hats, I think you will see some amazing selections going forward.

Flying Dutchman!   :yay