Fantasy Football Has to be the most boring and slowest form of gambling. For small timers.

shhhcago

I cannot imagine waiting 16-20 weeks to find out if you win 300.00 LOL. Juiceboxes for everybody!! It's like gambling for 10 year olds. If you are playing in a league for 300.00 even 500.00 possible pot at the end. So your telling me you have to beat out 10 people to try and win a measely 500.00 and wait half a year to get it???? I mean why not grow a sac and just bet 3 games for 100.00 a weekend and make your life more interesting.

How am I dumbass? You don't get it. Having someone hold your money for 20 weeks with a 1 out of 10 chance to win is such a -EV play it's not even funny. What could be the stakes that would give you a rush to play fantasy? I'm saying this seriously.

If you have the proper bankroll so that having your fantasy $ tied up for a while is OK, then it certainly can be +ev. All depends on the ability of the other members of your league vs. yourself. I do fantasy EPL that ties up $ for about 9 months and its very +ev for myself (not to mention the fact that most that play fantasy football are doing it for the entertainment and not looking at it as an investment).

If it's a 100.00 just to talk shit to your friends that is fine. Every dollar I invest in anything I expect to get back or I feel cutting someone's head off so I'ts probably not a fun investment for me. I'm more of a street guy that likes quick Return on investment rather than tying money up. It's probably more of a lifestyle thing I guess. If you can grind out a few dollars doing it more power to you. I don't do futures stuff like that. Too long term. I don't even know if the books I play at will be around that long.