Late Pressure to exclude Oklahoma from top 4 playoff

maron

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the SEC was greedy and tried to get 2 teams in, every conference should follow suit? Looking at Bama today, they are barely 4th in this playoff.

The nastiest defense in the country by far, if not for a punt returned for a td and a lucky hail mary ball Florida gets shut out.  Out of the teams in the playoff, the only thing anyone has on Alabama is a little bit better QB.  Old age getting to ya buddy!

The nastiest defense in the country by far, if not for a punt returned for a td and a lucky hail mary ball Florida gets shut out. Out of the teams in the playoff, the only thing anyone has on Alabama is a little bit better QB. Old age getting to ya buddy!

Hey buddy, how's it going?

I know Bama has a great D. If they get Sparty, Sparty's weakness is cancelled by Bama's weakness though. No one has a resume like Sparty has. I'll be all over them as a dog.

Brick, you and I almost same boatboatboat......have MSU and ALA in the TGF auction

Were you hoping to have them facing off or in separate games before the Championship game?  Im debating on taking some clemson depending on the number, but as of now i stand to win 6k on Alabama, about 3k on Oklahoma, and 1200 on Mich St.  I dont see Clemson taking it but might protect my investments a little bit.

The nastiest defense in the country by far, if not for a punt returned for a td and a lucky hail mary ball Florida gets shut out.  Out of the teams in the playoff, the only thing anyone has on Alabama is a little bit better QB.  Old age getting to ya buddy!

To be fair a lot of teams can do that to florida 

not having a conference championship is horrible for a power five conference and is considered to be a voluntary downgrade

goes to strength of schedule and considering it as a loss

the conjecture was the placement of the #4 Iowa and #5 MSU was to hype ratings for a national quarterfinal game and that the #3-5 teams were placed there based on that ...B10 champion slots in at #3....

Stanford can not make it in over Ohio State because Northwestern beat the Cardinal

More people would want to see a defending national champion play than a one loss team that did not play in a conference championship either...

that the B12 does not have one is their own fault and they should accept the downgrade of schedule

The Big 12 wants to have a conference championship game. The NCAA has rules about the number of teams required and will not allow the Big 12 to have a championship.

The NCAA screwed over the Big 12 big time last year. They said you can't have a title game because we made rules to prevent it. They then said (the committee did, as the NCAA's proxy) we're not letting in any of your teams because of this.

Absurd, and the committee's own stupid rankings dictated the Big 12 having a team in.

Complete travesty what happened.

OU based on its body of work should've had the 3 seed, not the 4. Michigan State barely getting the win in the final seconds over IOWA, who most in the media (and I'm sure the committee) considered overrated anyway, did not justify them jumping OU.

I doubt OU minds, though, because they get Clemson rather than Alabama