Risking $500 bux on conor mcgregor at EVEN money

TeamGSP

if jose aldo was smart, he would have trained a lot of wrestling to try and utilize some jiu jitsu submissions but this is just not something he has been known for.  Aldo has 1 submission win in his career all the way back in 2005.  I'm sorry but it just does not look like aldo cares about any grappling offense.  The only time where aldo cares about wrestling or grappling is if the other guy is known for wrestling/grappling but conor mcgregor is not going to care for any grappling offense.  Will jose aldo utilize any grappling offense?  It's not realistic that he will go this route and if he does, well then i'll be darn but i'm willing to gamble on this that he does not go with any type of grappling offense against conor.  In other words jose aldo has EXCELLENT grappling defense but this is not going to matter tonight.

I was not going to bet on this fight because last time i checked on mcgregor, it was like -145 or whatever but to see that he's at even money right now?  I am afraid that come fight time, that is gonna go away so i went ahead and put $500 on him right now.

Here is my feeling on what will be happening tonight.  Fuckin' conor mcgregor to me is like chuck liddell with a good chin.  Conor Mcgregor to me is going to go in there looking for the big shot and at the same time being excellent with the distance.  Aldo has shown to be very good at striking but it's more on the side of point striking.  Don't get me wrong, aldo technical striking can do a lot of damage, but conor to me is going to be able to take the technical strikes while at the same time being able to get a big shot in.  

Conor Mcgregor has a 4 inch reach advantage, that is fuckin' huge for him because he has a very high fight IQ and he's gonna be able to find a way to get the big lefthanded shot here and there as the fight goes on, if aldo doesn't go down early.  Let me put it to you this way.  Jose Aldo is going to have the point striking ability to take round after round that is until conor mcgregor is gonna be able to land a big shot, and once he lands a big shot, it will accumulate and then my opinion is that aldo is going to go down.  

Ask yourself this question, when was the last guy that you heard of had a very long reach and had big time knockout power?  Fuck all the technical strikers who can point fight to victory, we are talking about 1 shot knockout power at any given moment, that's why i'm willing to put big money on this shit.  It's like if i fuckin' lose, that's alright because i know what i'm gambling on and conor mcgregor knockout at any given point to me is fuckin' worth the money i am betting.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Remember about a month ago, you started a thread out of the blue asking if you contributed anything to the forum.

I dropped in that thread, posted a couple thousand dollar tickets (winners).

But when you talk about contributing, this is it.

What you have done, here.

Putting your best foot forward and I don't like it, I love it.

BOOMSHAKALACKA 

Connor does not have great power....what he does have is a high degree of proficiency to land strikes per minute.  He has the highest rate in the featherweights....

Mendes more than held his own on the ground against Connor.....

to those that underestimate his martial arts background, Jose Aldo beat Rubens Cobrinha in both their matches....

This is not going to be close as Connor is a product of a hype machine that wants a high placed Irish fighter

leg kicks all day and then destruction on the ground

Connor does not have great power....what he does have is a high degree of proficiency to land strikes per minute.  He has the highest rate in the featherweights....

to those that underestimate his martial arts background, Jose Aldo beat Rubens Cobrinha in both their matches....

This is not going to be close as Connor is a product of a hype machine that wants a high placed Irish fighter

http://i.imgur.com/T9NQPzP.jpg

+1 he either chops him down with leg kicks and submits him or catches connor's legs on one of his wild kicks and finishes him

fair point about jose aldo jiu jitsu but that was a long time ago.  You still have to keep doing it every single time to keep up with the game that just keeps evolving.  If we were talking about frank edgar vs conor, that would be a different story to me because frank edgar is a MONSTER with wrestling AND jiu jitsu.  Do you seriously think that jose aldo will focus on the ground game?  I just can't fathom it.  Aldo comes across as a guy who has way too much pride, i just don't think he will use any jiu jitsu unless he's like really in trouble and desperate.  

Conor Mcgregor studies film.  You can tell during his interviews he pays attention to the famous combinations that jose aldo likes to do.  And let me tell you that guy is a MASTER at gauging distance.  Many mma analysts have made references to conor being able to manage the distance and take the big shot for the knockdown/knockout.  This is like a dream to me, 4 inch reach advantage, all it's going to take in my opinion is 2 separate shots on aldo and it's gonna be downhill for him.

Let me give you 1 small inside information that is very huge if you pay attention to the striking accuracy of conor.  How many times have you seen the big left land behind the ear of his opponent?  do you think that's a freak accident?  No it is not, conor knows what he is doing.  He knows all the sweet spots to try and land, get a reaction and then target it again later on if he has to.

I'm not saying that i am going to win 100% but i really like the odds i am getting for what i can expect from conor.  Any left handed strike that conor does in the fight it's going to be really exciting like BOOM here, boom there, boom boom boom.  I'm not worried too much about the technical striking of aldo leg kicks or punching.  Like i said let him win on points and can't wait to see the 1 punch power from conor 1 by 1, so excited for this fight!

Guest ChrisHarvard

LCD and KR on one side. Well, you never know with KR he is so full of it you just never know.

Thursday he was on Aldo.

Friday he was on Aldo

This morning his was laying off

Tonight he will be be on Conor

LoL i swear the freaking guy KingRevolver would be easier to fade if he ever actually picked just ONE side.

Wait till the superbowl guys, LoL.