Do you say Merry Christmas or happy holidays

Balco

like some of the others said... most of the time i dont speak to people i dont know.

but if i were to say one of these phrases i would say Merry Christmas. The "Christ" is the most important part.

If you say Merry "X-Mas" or Happy Holidays to me it is disrespectful to god.

besides if you are not a christian and you are not jewish then its not really a holiday for you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatboatboat

I say merry Christmas it is after all  a holiday celebrated in the name of Christ.

Not being a Christian doesn't mean you can't celebrate the birth of one of the most influential people to have ever walked the earth. 

While some may question the acts committed by Christ during his time on Earth there is no doubt that Jesus was a real person that lived amongst the populace, and that his actions had a profound influence upon the world in which we currently live.

This makes too much sense.  The 'Merry Christmas' crowd's heads are exploding reading that...

I don't say anything since I don't leave my basement, but my daughter's class has 10 Christmas celebrators and 8 Hanukkah celebrators so I guess if I go to class 'Holiday Party' on Friday I'll say Happy Holidays since I don't who is who.  I love that that bothers people as if Jews haven't been in the USA for many generations.

I say merry Christmas to everyone because i don't care.

I even say it to the muslim families we know from Egypt and UAE and they don't care.

Probably because we were the only ones who knew what Ramada was.

If anyone got their panties in a twist about merry christmas i might continue to say it to their face to watch them squirm.

Guest boatboatboat

If anyone got their panties in a twist about merry christmas i might continue to say it to their face to watch them squirm.

Non Christmas folks are anti-pork

I am VERY pro bacon

I say merry Christmas it is after all  a holiday celebrated in the name of Christ.

Not being a Christian doesn't mean you can't celebrate the birth of one of the most influential people to have ever walked the earth. 

While some may question the acts committed by Christ during his time on Earth there is no doubt that Jesus was a real person that lived amongst the populace, and that his actions had a profound influence upon the world in which we currently live.

Profound influence: Inquisition, genocide of people of Americas, slavery - all in name of that christ. yeah let's celebrate that. next month celebrate the birthday of that prophet mohammad too - another influential asshole.

Guest boatboatboat

Profound influence: Inquisition, genocide of people of Americas, slavery - all in name of that christ. yeah let's celebrate that. next month celebrate the birthday of that prophet mohammad too - another influential asshole.

I don't believe Christ the Man championed any of those causes.

Guest boatboatboat

So, tell us about his profund influence? He is quite a symbol for BDSM - I will grant you this.

Are you serious with this Question?

Open your wallet, read the words on the back of currency

Open the phone book at look at Church listings in your community 

See who funds the majority of food banks in your town

Enjoy Dec 25th, the single most celebrated day in our country.............which BTW was founded by Christians.  

While you may disagree and rightfully so with the actions of some Christians, to imply there is a single more influential person than Christ on your day to day life is ludicrous.

One Nation under God..........

Are you serious with this Question?

Open your wallet, read the words on the back of currency

Open the phone book at look at Church listings in your community 

See who funds the majority of food banks in your town

Enjoy Dec 25th, the single most celebrated day in our country.............which BTW was founded by Christians.  

While you may disagree and rightfully so with the actions of some Christians, to imply there is a single more influential person than Christ on your day to day life is ludicrous.

One Nation under God..........

Christ gets credit for food banks and holiday but not the inquisition and genocide. Awesome. You are as bad as those moderate muslims.

Guest boatboatboat

You can not be serious with this reply. You have no clue what influence means.

huh?

I have no clue

you live in the UNITED STATES right?

Name our countries alleys and tell me if they are Christian in nature. 

tell me if your towns largest gathering of people for a single cause will be Christmas Eve at your communities Churches. 

there is no single more influential person than Jesus.

Guest boatboatboat

there is no reason for that to be printed on US currency as there is supposed to be a separation of church and state

In agree

BUT as I am trying to explain to evade, because of  the tremendous Influence Christ has on our society it is there even when it shouldn't be.