The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

8 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Shiiidddd go deep sea fishing and catch a few and then have them for dinner a few hours later.  That and Red Snapper are incredibly delicious at that point.  You must be more of an Amberjack or Mahi Mahi kind of guy.

Not a fan of red snapper either, but that's a 3x upgrade in the gulf over grouper.......................................

WILD SALMON and WALLEYE 10-1 over this shit.

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Shiiidddd go deep sea fishing and catch a few and then have them for dinner a few hours later.  That and Red Snapper are incredibly delicious at that point.  You must be more of an Amberjack or Mahi Mahi kind of guy.

I joke about grouper because it's a bottom fish. In reality it's pretty tasty and an excellent bargain. 

I like snapper, no issues.

I don't eat mahi mahi even off the boat in Hawaii. It's overrated. 

I prefer halibut, salmon, swordfish and scallops.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I joke about grouper because it's a bottom fish. In reality it's pretty tasty and an excellent bargain. 

I like snapper, no issues.

I don't eat mahi mahi even off the boat in Hawaii. It's overrated. 

I prefer halibut, salmon, swordfish and scallops.

Halibut is very good.  My uncle had caught a bunch in Alaska that he cooked when he had us up to NC years ago.  That was one good fish.  Honestly don’t think I’ve had swordfish yet.  Not of fan of scallops, and salmon is just a common grocery store fish.  Kind of like the chicken of fish to me.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Swordfish is hit and miss even on west coast menus.

It's outstanding. 

Honest and fair rating what’s better………the freshly caught and cooked salmon and swordfish of Seattle, or the pho and pasta of Champaign, IL?  We have a poster here that I won’t name who claims the latter to be the best in the world.  They probably have the best sushi too.  Your revolution is over Tokyo Japan.  Champaign is the new sushi capital of the world.