The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

58 minutes ago, mikeman said:

80% is perfect for burgers, that price is a tad higher than I'm willing to pay however.  I just had 2 sandwiches consisting of 2 slices of day old french bread(60 cents) with some summer sausage, along with an orange.

Hy vee has eggs for 29 cents - I'll be snapping them up tomorrow. :cigar

you should consider pizza toast. ppl dont need high quality meat protein each meal

bread is basically free. even a decent sauce is cheap. and cheese can be bought cheap

also pepperoni is dirt cheap still 

4 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

asparagus spears from a dollar tree bottle. fuck me you can't make this shit up.

that's champaign's best pho right there brother.

suddenly kolzigs pickles are a little less sad.

You dont need that many spears to jazz up some soup, so a $1 bottle  can last maybe 4 meals. :cigar

Dollar tree also has bottled/jar mushrooms, same theory.

Just now, mikeman said:

I didn't have you pegged as a food snob gene, this stuff tastes just fine.

Me and KK are the only ones in this thread who are living up to the spirit of "poverty meals". :lol

im very much a foodie.  last night i had octopus with chickpeas and harissa sauce.

The bartender liked my joke to: What is the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Housepicks has never had a garbanzo bean on his face.

1 minute ago, The X said:

Heading to Cast Iron  Chop House  and Oyster Bar in New Haven in a few.  Reservations for 7:30. :hat

what a shit website and who gives a fuck about the pretentious chef.  reviews kinda sketchy on yelp x'er, 4.0 stars is rarely a good sign.  hope it's good, if not you can go to that place that serves bags.

22 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

what a shit website and who gives a fuck about the pretentious chef.  reviews kinda sketchy on yelp x'er, 4.0 stars is rarely a good sign.  hope it's good, if not you can go to that place that serves bags.

Actually very good. Eaten there many times.