The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Just now, Buster said:

Brookdale Chili with Beans has a tempting price tag but it's a failure when it comes to flavor, even though it's loaded with salt. While it is possible to get a can of this chili for less than a dollar at times, it's just not good.

First of all, you can forget about opening the can, pouring it into a bowl, and eating it. While it has meat in it and a sufficient amount of beans, the meat is rubbery and the beans are hard. To make matters worse, while the chili is slightly spicy, neither the meat nor the beans are flavorful enough to make it enjoyable.

If you're determined to make the best of a bad situation, consider using Aldi's Brookdale Chili with Beans as a base for a chili and cheese dip. Another idea is to add some ground beef to it along with some hot sauce in order to make a chili worth eating. That said, a better idea is to just purchase a better quality canned chili, to begin with. Or, if you want some scrumptious chili and you want it now, save yourself a trip to the store and just go to Wendy's instead.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/211698/the-7-best-and-7-worst-canned-foods-from-aldi/

How much is this? I need to remember to check the wendy's chili coming to supermarket shelves sometime this week

20 minutes ago, Buster said:

Brookdale Chili with Beans has a tempting price tag but it's a failure when it comes to flavor, even though it's loaded with salt. While it is possible to get a can of this chili for less than a dollar at times, it's just not good.

First of all, you can forget about opening the can, pouring it into a bowl, and eating it. While it has meat in it and a sufficient amount of beans, the meat is rubbery and the beans are hard. To make matters worse, while the chili is slightly spicy, neither the meat nor the beans are flavorful enough to make it enjoyable.

If you're determined to make the best of a bad situation, consider using Aldi's Brookdale Chili with Beans as a base for a chili and cheese dip. Another idea is to add some ground beef to it along with some hot sauce in order to make a chili worth eating. That said, a better idea is to just purchase a better quality canned chili, to begin with. Or, if you want some scrumptious chili and you want it now, save yourself a trip to the store and just go to Wendy's instead.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/211698/the-7-best-and-7-worst-canned-foods-from-aldi/

How much is this? I need to remember to check the wendy's chili coming to supermarket shelves sometime this week

I gotta admit, it's a fair review, it's roughly a buck a can and it's fair to medium at best.

It's a discount chili for thrifty people, however i dont compare it to hormel, i compare it to generic walmart chili and that god awful stuff you get at the dollar store - that stuff is really subpar.

37 minutes ago, Buster said:

I see they slam the Aldi spam too, i love that shit, i think it is hormel, just repackaged for aldi.  Obviously  this clown doesn't appreciate fine generic products.

image.png.236b5bf5a0d40e7cb65e47218b049161.png