The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Both are very tasty meats. Goat can be pretty gamey but it's great with the mild yellow curry they use in deeee islands bruddah.

Also, how is a meal served on plastic dishes , on $5 Walmart plastic tables , made by actual carribean Africans , in the former murder capital of the US not poverty???

Was at Sam's today and they had samples of boneless leg of lamb. First time trying it. They had it cooked in a 5 pepper spice blend. It was good.

It was mad out today. I think people go in there and make lunch of the sampling tables, mapping it out like a damn amusement park trip to make sure their route hits desserts and drink samples last. Takes 30 minutes longer to get through there on a Saturday with lanes blocked by people trying to get a thimble full of vitamin water and one frozen tot next aisle over.

Happy Easter, poverty crew. I'm making tres leches cake to soak overnight and be ready for tomorrow. Typical ham dinner for us other than the tres leches cake and I'm trying a deluxe mac and cheese gratin.

Hope everyone has a good one. Let's see those lamb cakes tomorrow.

Looking forward to the poverty Easter pics.

Already did GREEK Easter today but left my phone at home so no pics.

Was pretty damn good. Dads wife did a CROWN ROAST of lamb. Cooked potatoes in the middle of it. Drippings!!!!!

Also some homemade hummus, some roasted veggies, and a few other weird Greek dishes some old people brought.

Was at Sam's today and they had samples of boneless leg of lamb. First time trying it. They had it cooked in a 5 pepper spice blend. It was good.

It was mad out today. I think people go in there and make lunch of the sampling tables, mapping it out like a damn amusement park trip to make sure their route hits desserts and drink samples last. Takes 30 minutes longer to get through there on a Saturday with lanes blocked by people trying to get a thimble full of vitamin water and one frozen tot next aisle over.

Happy Easter, poverty crew. I'm making tres leches cake to soak overnight and be ready for tomorrow. Typical ham dinner for us other than the tres leches cake and I'm trying a deluxe mac and cheese gratin.

Big fan of Tres Leches cake. Never tried to make it at home. Let me know how it comes out. I've always thought I'd be even better with a bunch of Cinnamon added to it.

Double post

The Uno, Dos, Tres

20170416_004637.jpg

Made the cake first using French Vanilla cake mix, eggs, oil, water. 

20170416_013441.jpg

Cooled a few minutes and poked holes all through with fork. Could have used a skewer to keep a little cleaner. 

20170416_014258.jpg

Hit with mix of the milks, aiming to fill the holes. 

20170416_014328.jpg

Milk pond

20170416_014425.jpg

About 30 seconds later....

20170416_014543.jpg

Into the fridge for 6-8 hours to soak/set. Icing will be made tomorrow. 

Id hire jd as my personal poverty chef.

Does more with less. Thats +EV for the eatin'.

:cheers

We had this kind of cake at a dinner a vendor took us to and it was incredible. Simple, but one of best cakes I have had. I have been wanting to make it for some time now. I found several different, but similar recipes, so I went with easiest. It's cheap to make overall.

Tomorrow, it will get topped with thin layer of whipped cream icing and some fresh strawberries.

Happy Easter to the Diablo's. I'll be emailing resume for private chef job.

We had this kind of cake at a dinner a vendor took us to and it was incredible. Simple, but one of best cakes I have had. I have been wanting to make it for some time now. I found several different, but similar recipes, so I went with easiest. It's cheap to make overall.

Tomorrow, it will get topped with thin layer of whipped cream icing and some fresh strawberries.

Happy Easter to the Diablo's. I'll be emailing resume for private chef job.

Awesome.  Enjoy it.

And Happy Easter to you and yours.   :cheers

Thanks guys. Rest of food was kind of typical ham, mashed potatoes, peas, corn, and biscuits. The mac and cheese gratin was good. It had white cheddar, Jarlsberg, and Grand Padano. I had to hunt down the last two..I had never even heard of them. Cheese square here.

20170416_141038.jpg

Yep. The mac and cheese dish cost more than an 11 lb ham. I've tried a few new ones recently. Local store had speciality cheese shop and have a 3 for 9.99 deal where you can buy small amounts to try. Some of that shit is $20+ per pound.

If you like cheddars, give MANCHEGO a try. One of my favorite cheeses. Goes great with some compote or jam. Also good with salty stuff like ham.

I like a lot of goat cheeses too. Most are pretty mild and have a nice creamy texture.

Havarti is another mild tasting cheese you might like.