The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Hey JD......throw me some ideas for meals and when I go shopping this weekend I'll pick up the ingredients and give it a try......need some new ideas I'm growing tired of the same stuff....

I did just watch a YouTube video for a healthy chili so I'm going to give that a try, don't like kidney beans thou so need a replacement idea or just leave them out I guess........chili recipe was under the title 'rustic as fuck' if you want to check it out......nobody in my house will eat it but me so a little concerned most of it will go to waste.

My shopping usally last me two weeks so give me up to 14 dishes (lol one is fine) .......need something new brother!!!!

You know what I think I'm going to make a ceviche.....so that's two new dishes....need 12 more

Guest pocketrockets

Ceviche? Use a mixture of red/white onion, red pepper, lots of cilantro... use garlic in microscopic chunks

Make sure to add shrimps or octopus beside the fish... make it worthwhile!

I crave ceviche 24/7

Hey JD......throw me some ideas for meals and when I go shopping this weekend I'll pick up the ingredients and give it a try......need some new ideas I'm growing tired of the same stuff....

I did just watch a YouTube video for a healthy chili so I'm going to give that a try, don't like kidney beans thou so need a replacement idea or just leave them out I guess........chili recipe was under the title 'rustic as fuck' if you want to check it out......nobody in my house will eat it but me so a little concerned most of it will go to waste.

My shopping usally last me two weeks so give me up to 14 dishes (lol one is fine) .......need something new brother!!!!

You know what I think I'm going to make a ceviche.....so that's two new dishes....need 12 more

I'm getting ready to run out here soon and have to help a friend with something after that. Then I'll be on the mower most of the day checking in occasionally. Give me through tonight and I'll put some stuff together for you.

H.throw me some ideas for meals and when I go shopping this weekend I'll pick up the ingredients and give it a try......need some new ideas I'm growing tired of the same stuff....

Possum and Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 possum

2½ teaspoons salt

Pepper to taste

Flour

1/2 cup water

4 medium sweet potatoes

2 tablespoons sugar

Directions:

Preheat over to 350 degrees F.

Clean possum, trim excess fat.

Wash inside and out with warm water; drain and pat dry.

Rub the possum with salt and pepper inside and out.

Sprinkle inside and out with flour.

Lay the possum on its back in a roasting pan.

Add water, cover and bake until about half done (45 – 60 minutes).

Split peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and place in pan around possum.

Add more water if needed.

Cover sliced potatoes and possum and cook 30 more minutes.