Conor McGregor vs Rafael Dos Anjos breakdown

TeamGSP

When the odds first came out on mcgregor for +100 i did not understand it and have been thinking about this fight ever since and i have my conclusion.  It's now at -127 on bookmaker and i am afraid it will get to around -170 come just before the fight starts.  I usually don't bet anything lower than -110 but i'm going to make an exception for this 1.

The notion that people are getting in order to beat mcgregor is the ground game.  Unfortunately dos anjos does not have any grappling takedowns to utilize whatever jiu-jitsu he might have and this is the dealbreaker for me.  So many brazilian jiu-jitsu guys are so great at it but they don't have any takedowns in order to dictate where the fight takes place.  When i look back on dos anjos fights, i say to myself he does not have the sick jiu-jitsu game that i feel might be able to take conor out.  

Dos anjos is more of a technical striker who can beat you on points as the fight goes on unless you have a glass chin or something.  Don't be clouded by the fact that cerrone got knocked out by RDA.  You have to understand that cerrone does not like body shots.  Anybody with a high fight iq who has paid any attention to his fights in the past knows this.  RDA's best knockout was against bendo but bendo could have continued.  Conor on the other hand is a different beast.  All it's going to take is 1 clean shot on RDA and it's going to be downhill.  The other key factor is understand that conor can take big punches and he has a granite chin.  

The guy i am most worried about beating conor would be frank edgar because he has developed a sick jiu-jitsu game to combine with his wrestling, plus frankie has a chin but he's older now so i even though i think conor might be able to get him, it's more of a risk.  What i know is that conor is very intelligent, he knows what he is doing and i believe he might be better off avoiding frankie till he has no other choice.  During the last press conference conor mentioned about going up to 170 because i think he would rather fight robbie lawler than frank edgar.  

In other words if conor fought robbie lawler, i would still go for conor without being worried as much as losing money on frankie winning.  

Keep in mind that when conor throws the punch, it's with pinpoint accuracy and the ones that land behind the ear are the most dangerous.  And if RDA doesn't go down from 1 of those, his equilibrium will shutdown and the next punches from conor are going to make him go down.  

My opinion is that conor can focus on RDA's jaw because RDA quit 1 time against clay guida because of it.  

For the month of february which starts tomorrow, i have decided that i am going to drive my car into the ground and then put everything i can afford to lose on march 5th.

We'll see what happens bubba