Can the Louisville players sue? the university to lift the ban

Bucky

Some kind of injunction?  Unfair to these players to do this in the middle of the year for something that had nothing to do with them.  I don't care if you ban the coach - ban the athletic director - these seniors are really getting the shaft.

Do it at the end of the year and offer the underclassmen the right to transfer with no sanctions - There isn't any punishment to the people that did it. 

It sucks, its unfair but it is what it is. Players cant do anything about it. 

From the pure logical standpoint, the university did the right thing for themselves. They were gonna get hit hard by the NCAA and its best to beat them to the punch and punish yourself. Also the quicker you do it the better for the program since it would be very difficult to recruit next season with this hanging over their heads and other schools pointing to the fact that they will likely miss out on at least one tourney. 

But yes it sucks for the seniors and really all the kids that are punished when having nothing to do with the situation. 

I liked the solution/idea Gary Parrish from CBS sports had to this problem

Make it so no bans can be placed midseason. Once a semester starts the ban cannot take place until the following season. And once the ban has been placed allow an open transfer waiver for any player that wants to transfer without any wait period. So then the next year seniors for L'ville wouldnt get screwed either, they could take off for another school for their last year while L'ville plays out their punishment

He makes a good point that the worst case in this scenario is most of roster bails on the school and they are left with an empty/terrible team. And in that case, great. Maybe a lesson is learned that the punishment is strong enough to outweigh the pros of the crime without punishing kids that werent involved. 

Some kind of injunction? Unfair to these players to do this in the middle of the year for something that had nothing to do with them. I don't care if you ban the coach - ban the athletic director - these seniors are really getting the shaft.

Do it at the end of the year and offer the underclassmen the right to transfer with no sanctions - There isn't any punishment to the people that did it.

i couldnt agree more.

i feel bad for Lee and I understand why he faked the injury today