I am going to go out on a Limb and say the Cubs don't make the Playoffs this season

Big Bear

Cubs are next up.

They go into the season with the weight of the world on their shoulders( unrealisic expectations)

they are too young. I could see them having success if they were able to fly in the under the radar and not have all this pressure to win a world series.

The Cubs have spared to no expense this off season and if they don't win it some heads will roll

Whose heads are going to roll?

Since you think 4/1 is a joke, you can give me what odds you think they should be. An overrated team like this should be 15/1 min.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose heads are going to roll?

Since you think 4/1 is a joke, you can give me what odds you think they should be. An overrated team like this should be 15/1 min.

15 to 1 to 20 to 1 range would be a fair price

problem is so many bandwagon Cubs fans who blindly bet Cubs futures every year no matter what thinking that they are due.

they will win a world series in the next 5 years but i think they are a couple years away.

give Bryant and Russell and Schwaber and Soler time to develop.

right now its an odd mix of guys who are past their prime and not yet in their prime

Bear you say guys past their prime but you always talk about guys way past their prime with motivation to go back in time ten years and be great again. I don't get you sometimes

I just think we will see a decline with Lackey. I think Zobrist is a bit overrated and he is 34.. thats a little old. His counter part Russell is 22 that is almost too young ... thats what i'm saying

look i think the cubs are a good ball club , just not a playoff team. I see only 1 NL Central playoff team this year and i think that is the Pirates.

I just think we will see a decline with Lackey. I think Zobrist is a bit overrated and he is 34.. thats a little old. His counter part Russell is 22 that is almost too young ... thats what i'm saying

look i think the cubs are a good ball club , just not a playoff team. I see only 1 NL Central playoff team this year and i think that is the Pirates.

But chase utley is gonna be good?

who knows?

he could be... he has it in him. But that ultimately comes down to him. I can't go out there and play the games for him but i see the potential.

Anyhow the whole point of thread is dont bet the cubs to win the world series

If chase isn't to old then neither is Zobrist and anyone else you say is past their prime.

The point is you contradict yourself every other post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

wow, i look up Big Bear and didn't realize he's under the banned group and hasn't posted since june, how do you get banned here?

reason why i ask is that i have said a lot of shit on here that would have definitely gotten me banned on every other forum on the internet.

if i am not mistaken, TGF is very different, they let a lot of stuff play out, they allow words like shit and fuck you without bleeping them out so to me Big Bear must have really done something, just curious what happened.