Promise us one thing ADAM

BarryRunSome

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify Pedro Gomez said he saw the kid every day, when he was covering the team. I don't think he was with the team every day. But when he was their, the kid was their every time

jfc, it's not like Pedro Gomez was at so many of the games himself

I'd rather hear from someone who actually covers the team as their job, not this sportscenter guy

Gomez creating more drama

Report: White Sox nearly boycotted game over Adam LaRoche's son

The ongoing saga between the Chicago White Sox and Adam LaRoche just took another bizarre turn. As a show of support for LaRoche and his son Drake, White Sox players considered boycotting Wednesday's spring training game against the Milwaukee Brewers, according to ESPN's Karl Ravech.

[2016 Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is open for business. Sign up now]

The protest was squashed after manager Robin Ventura stepped in and persuaded the players to take the field. 

While Ventura quieted a possible boycott, it's clear there's still some animosity between the players and the team's front office over the decision to limit Drake LaRoche's clubhouse access.

After Wednesday's game, White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton tweeted support for LaRoche and his family.

LaRoche appeared to abruptly announce his retirement Tuesday, but it was revealed Wednesday that he did so after team president

Kenny Williams asked him to limit his son's time in the team's clubhouse. LaRoche's son, Drake, has been a huge part of his father's career, dating back to the elder LaRoche's days with the Washington Nationals

Williams confirmed that the team asked LaRoche to bring his son around less, but made it seem as though the two sides could reach a reasonable agreement on the matter. That doesn't appear to be the case, as all signs point to LaRoche retiring.

The entire situation makes for a potentially toxic aura between the team and front office. It's clear LaRoche and his son had the support of many players, and even if Williams' request was reasonable, it's created a scenario where the two sides are now pitted against each other. 

It also puts manager Robin Ventura in an awkward place. Ventura is entering the final year of his contract, and was already on the hot seat if the club got off to a bad start. Now, he was to navigate a toxic situation between his bosses without losing the support of the clubhouse.

The fact that all of this is happening just a few weeks before the start of the regular seasons only adds to the drama. At this point of the year, the White Sox should be focused on getting ready for the regular season. Instead, the team is embroiled in controversy.

No sympathy from me. Kid has no business being there. When my coworkers kids hang around my work it pisses me off. Unprofessional bitches.

no sympathy needed

LaRoche isnt asking for sympathy

he is clearly in the position to turn down 13 million and walk away from the game

if the game becomes no longer fun anymore then its time to hang it up. I guess not being able to share the experience with his son made him realize maybe its time to relax pool side with umbrella drinks and just chill

no sympathy needed

he is clearly in the position to turn down 13 million and walk away from the game

if the game becomes no longer fun anymore then its time to hang it up. I guess not being able to share the experience with his son made him realize maybe its time to relax pool side with umbrella drinks and just chill

That's his choice sure. If you don't get your way- just quit! Not sure he's helping his family or setting a good example for his son tho

no sympathy needed

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game.  The club tried to make that argument also, but it is really just LaRoche imposing on his teammates.  He is not asking for sympathy, but he is asking for indulgence. 

But, in order to have a civilized society, we all ask for a little indulgence from each other.  The question is, is he going too far.  It is a close call, but I have to side with the good ole boys here and say bring him on that day set aside for this type of thing.  The other player's are clearly upset - so he has gone too far.

Funny thing is by sticking up for his kid he is actually screwing over his family. I understand he is already rich but 13 mil goes a long way for future generations. Im sure when is kid is old enough to understand and starts paying bills he will ask his dad what the fuk was he thinking.

Funny thing is by sticking up for his kid he is actually screwing over his family. I understand he is already rich but 13 mil goes a long way for future generations. Im sure when is kid is old enough to understand and starts paying bills he will ask his dad what the fuk was he thinking.

:lol  true

laroche could've stuck it to the white sox by collecting a check for another year

It's now come out that he had some type of handshake agreement, prior to signing with the team that the kid could be around as much as he wanted him to be. Completely changes the story. Still creepy but can't knock the guy

pedro gomez was too busy fluffing barry lamar to be aware of this