UNC down 8 points to Duke with 17 secs March 2, 1974

TeamGSP

one of the best things that i like about the nba is that i have never seen a team down by 10 points with 30 seconds left end up winning the game.  I did not have any money on the northern iowa game tonight and it's already been a few hours since it ended, but it really bothers me that it happened.  I mean i am so freakin' tired right now that i can't even sleep.  I tried to sleep and then i mysteriously bit the inside of my mouth and woke me back up.  That was like an hour ago.  

i really need to learn how to deal with stupid shit better but i'm already in my 40s and i can't do it.  I have absolutely no hope being this old and not being able to deal with things that just don't make sense.  To me it's like an airplane crashed and i could have been on that airplane and even though there's probably not 1 person on here who bet more than $100 on northern iowa moneyline, i feel for those who might have had them on the moneyline on any way shape or form.  Luckily Northern Iowa losing is only money and nobody died but to me it just goes to show you that any accident can happen and you can be gone so at least a game on tv is never a life and death situation.

I don't know why i was so freakin' consumed in the outcome of texas a & m winning but i ended up doing research on the worst games in college basketball history and i come to the conclusion that northern iowa tonight losing was the worst in history.

Has anyone ever heard of Neil McGeachy? that's right, nobody has because that's what happens.  At least duke basketball was extreme shit in 1974 so they aren't the worst in history.  Northern Iowa on the other hand had this happen in a game to move on to the sweet 16 in the Final Four Tournament, that's right, not a regular season game, not in the NIT, CIT, or CBI tourney but the real NCAA tournament that crowns the national champion with a lot of money on the line for the school.

I also happened to look at the duke roster from 1974 and not a single player i have ever heard of, that's the way it should be after an embarrassment like that but at least everyone knew they were embarrassing before the game even started.  To me it would be too embarrassing for northern iowa basketball to continue with ben jacobsen.  The athletic department needs to buy out his contract as soon as possible and start from scratch if they really care about anything.  

I know you are probably thinking that the math said that 8 points in 17 seconds is a lot worse than 10 points in 30 seconds but tonight it happened with a supposedly good team in the real college basketball tournament but who knows.  I mean how in the world can you justify holy cross getting in when their record was like 5 games under .500 ??  These muther fuckers on Northern Iowa essentially fielded a punt inside the 5 yard line 3 times inside the 2 minute mark and of course fumbled each time.

Sorry for venting once again.