**big surprise that derrick rose got hurt again

milwaukee mike

2 biggest letdowns in sports over the last 10 years for me are

1) rose not playing in the playoffs when medically cleared, saying he's saving himself to be 100% for the next season, and then of course he misses most of the next season anyway

2) nationals sitting strasburg, under the impression that they are somehow magically going to make the world series every year in the future

when you have a chance at the prize, do everything in your power to get there!

and in rose's case, he says it's the gods testing him. maybe it's karma for cheating on sat tests, taking money, letting your family members get free stuff from memphis, etc

He really said God is testing him? LOL

If God did exist, I'm sure he wouldn't care about Rose playing or not playing basketball. God has better things to do.

Unbelievable how injury-prone he seems to be though.

yeah maybe he should've thought more about god when he knocked up his girlfriend and then cheated on her with a stripper while she was pregnant. real classy.

''The gods, they're testing me right now, man,'' said Rose, who did not think the injury was serious.

I like to rip on rose as much as the next guy but yesterday was a minor injury that happens all the time to everyone. He came down wrong after a jump shot and twisted his ankle, felt wrong so couldnt come back. Anyone who played sports a lot has been there numerous times. Sometimes u can walk it off and be fine 2 minutes later sometimes its a little more serious and u gotta rest it a few days

Doubt he will be out long with this, if he even misses another game. I'll admit he looked good before the injury, very explosive. Better than when i saw him play last year before the injury

As for your two letdowns, I agree rose was a bitch for not playing in those playoffs. I dont think Chicago had a chance in hell of winning it that year, which is maybe the reason he wanted to take the extra time to rest, but still should have played, even if just limited minutes. The stras thing was different. Im not a doctor so tough to comment on it intelligently but they have smart doctors that obviously make the recommendation to sit guys at a certain limit after TJ surgery for a reason. Doubt its a random thing they just decide to do, so if starting him in the playoffs that year meant risking his long-term health they 100% made the right choice. And not only the right choice, the very easy right choice.

As for your two letdowns' date=' I agree rose was a bitch for not playing in those playoffs. I dont think Chicago had a chance in hell of winning it that year, which is maybe the reason he wanted to take the extra time to rest, but still should have played, even if just limited minutes. The stras thing was different. Im not a doctor so tough to comment on it intelligently but they have smart doctors that obviously make the recommendation to sit guys at a certain limit after TJ surgery for a reason. Doubt its a random thing they just decide to do, so if starting him in the playoffs that year meant risking his long-term health they 100% made the right choice. And not only the right choice, the very easy right choice. [/quote']

let's just assume that the nationals' consultant doctors were the smartest people on the planet, and absolutely knew that pitching 160-180 innings was the magic number (even the doctors admitted it was a total guess).

why would it be the right choice to throw all of those innings in garbage time in july/august than in the playoffs?

let's just assume that the nationals' consultant doctors were the smartest people on the planet, and absolutely knew that pitching 160-180 innings was the magic number (even the doctors admitted it was a total guess).

why would it be the right choice to throw all of those innings in garbage time in july/august than in the playoffs?

Agree with that point. I didnt have a problem with them shutting him down as you dont risk his future, but they should have conserved his innings better once they saw early on they had a very good chance of being a playoff team. Start skipping starts or make up a fake "dead arm" thing and put him on the DL for a few weeks just to rest. They could have made the playoffs with Stras making 5-6 less starts and save those for the playoffs, not that it necessarily would have made a difference for them that year

• 2 weeks later...

that strasburg thing was a total mystery

not only did they keep starting him in meaningless starts, but davey johnson left him in in blowouts repeatedly (8 run games in the 6th inning)

Complete disconnect between the manager and the front office. The front office says we're limiting his innings and the manager used him with no regard for the limit.

It looks like nothing' date=' but I see your point. What is it with this guy? Does he just play too hard?[/quote']

injury prone but more than that, doesn't usually feel like playing

the most obnoxious part about what Rose did that playoffs was showing off in practices. Just to rub it in. "Hey, look at these highlight dunks. But nah man, I ain't playing."

[TABLE=border: 0, cellpadding: 2, cellspacing: 1]

[TR]

Chicago Bulls Injuries [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Lhead1, width: 45, bgcolor: #CCCCFF]Updated[/TD]

[TD=class: Lhead1, width: 30, bgcolor: #CCCCFF]Pos[/TD]

[TD=class: Lhead1, width: 200, bgcolor: #CCCCFF]Player[/TD]

[TD=class: Lhead1, bgcolor: #CCCCFF]Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: Lhead1, width: 250, bgcolor: #CCCCFF]Status[/TD]

[TD=class: Lhead1, bgcolor: #CCCCFF, colspan: 7] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Lhead2, bgcolor: #DBDBDB, colspan: 12]Players listed as "?"[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]11/13[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]G[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]Derrick Rose[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]hamstrings, knees, ankles, toes[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]"?"[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 7] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 2]11:58am[/TD]

[TD=class: Ldata, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 10]is "?" for his sons HS graduation and meetings in 2034[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

i posted this across the street, everything that happens to d-rose is the result of karma and never having a dad to teach him how to be a decent human being.

wouldn't life be so much better if charles barkley wasn't the only one holding people accountable? why can't we get some interviewers with some balls to ask the tough questions??

q: why didn't you play tonight

d-rose: gotta think about my family

q: maybe you should've thought about your family when you cheated on your girlfriend with a stripper while she was pregnant with your child?

a: gotta see my son graduate without being sore

q: are you going to show him how to cheat his way through school like you did? who's to say your kid will even want to be around you after he hears how you treated his mother?

bottom line is after that stunt Rose pulled in the 2013 playoffs, I don't know if he's actually injured

guy just doesn't want to play. He's getting paid, and that's what he cares about. Cash.

he got cleared months before the playoffs and he was practicing and showing off and refused to play when healthy

so either:

A)He gets injured doing the simplest of things.

or B)He's not actually injured but he fakes stuff to get out of playing.

He tore his ACL in the first round of the 2012 playoffs. He had surgery on May 12, 2012, and didn't play again until a preseason game in October 2013.

[h=1]The Derrick Rose Contract Has Become A Nightmare For The Chicago Bulls[/h] http://finance.yahoo.com/news/derrick-rose-contract-become-nightmare-175151871.html

it's also been a nightmare for ADIDAS

between salary and endorsements, d-rose has gotten over $5 million for every game he's played in over the last few years... i would ask how the guy sleeps at night but he probably sleeps like a baby if he had no remorse for having other people take his SATs and do his school work

it's also been a nightmare for ADIDAS

between salary and endorsements, d-rose has gotten over $5 million for every game he's played in over the last few years... i would ask how the guy sleeps at night but he probably sleeps like a baby if he had no remorse for having other people take his SATs and do his school work

I dont think many people would have trouble sleeping at night over cheating on some SATs. Not like that is some odd thing having the star athlete get stuff done for them

Hell ive seen plenty of people have homework done for them strictly because they are attractive, it isn't an odd thing in high school or college really. A lot of people will do anything to attach themselves to someone of high status, whether that status is achieved through wealth, talent or appearance

But yes, D Rose is a giant pussy.

Cant fault the Bulls plan this year of sitting him out every time there is a tiny thing wrong though. Hell i would even understand sitting him out every 5 or 6 games even if there is no injury whatsoever. Bulls can be a top 2 seed no problem with Rose missing missing games now and then so it is smart to do everything they can to make sure he is available when it matters in the playoffs