TGF MMA Thread

LCD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see Hunt at -175 at William Hill. Surprised he's that big a favorite.

Really want to see Hunt kick the shit out of him. Also saw an article that Lesnar doesn't have to abide by some of the doping regulations?

Retired fighters returning to the UFC are supposed to undergo four months of drug testing but Brock Lesnar was granted an exemption.

It didn't take long for the war of words between Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt to go from professionally combative to personal.
Hunt, speaking to UFC Fight Week on Fox Sports, accused Lesnar of being on steroids and bemoaned the drug-testing exemption given to his UFC 200 opponent.
“I don’t think it’s a great move," Hunt said. "I think he’s juiced to the gills—and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing."
Lesnar, 38, was announced for the UFC 200 card last Saturday. He has not fought for the promotion since losing to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141, nearly five years ago. Under typical circumstances, UFC requires a fourth-month notification of a fighter's planned return to the ring.
Lesnar only officially signed his contract last week and was thus not subject to UFC's testing requirements. He entered protocol Monday, but that left only a little more than a month for Lesnar to be in UFC's testing program. UFC granted Lesnar a waiver because his previous run with the company came before the policy came into effect. 

I'm just annoyed that in picking fights a lot of times now you're handicapping PED usage. With just Brazilians being the worst.

The most tilting fight last time wasn't even a Brazilian but a Cuban. How do you pick between a guy going off steroids against a guy either TRTing or not.

I'm just getting tired of playing the what body is Belfort showing up with which we talked about earlier in this thread.

I'm really looking ahead to RDA/Alvarez and Edgar/Aldo. Edgar is now the favorite.

I'm just annoyed that in picking fights a lot of times now you're handicapping PED usage. With just Brazilians being the worst.

The most tilting fight last time wasn't even a Brazilian but a Cuban. How do you pick between a guy going off steroids against a guy either TRTing or not.

I'm just getting tired of playing the what body is Belfort showing up with which we talked about earlier in this thread.

I'm really looking ahead to RDA/Alvarez and Edgar/Aldo. Edgar is now the favorite.

I guess I did not understand your sucking dicks statement...still don't

RDA should slap Alvarez around..maybe it's me, but I have never been too impressed with Alvarez

I like Edgar in that fight..not convinced that Aldo's head is right after that KO vs McGregor

Ivanov won though was a very good fight.

Fedor won though he lost.

Still working on my Brazilian PED list.

did not see the Fedor fight but heard Maldonado was robbed..

guess it's time for Fedor to hang 'em up for good

really looking forward to the main event tonight...keep going back and forth and I think I finally decided that I'm just going to watch and enjoy...Seems like the majority are on Wonderboy, hard to blame them with his current form.  Don't count out Rory who is more well rounded and very focused and hungry for this fight.  If Rory can get Wonderboy down or in the clinch, I think his chances go way up.  If the fight stays standing, Rory is in trouble.  I think Rory is well rounded and smart enough to figure out his weakness and my gut is telling me Rory will find a way.

I just keep thinking of Rory's face imploding against Lawler.  His tendency of overrelying on his jab is just not ideal for Wonderboy.

Bagautinov at the shitty -280.  He's lost to the two best fighters in his weight class.  Should win here.

Wonderboy is 7 years older than Rory..that is surprising

LCD, if Rory can't cut the distance and get inside, Wonderboy will torch him.  Rory needs to get in his face and clinch or try and get him down.  Rory has a big advantage if he can get him on the mat.  

I like both of these guys and a very tough fight to call.  

I'm pulling for Rory, he really showed me something in that Lawler fight.  His body gave out but his mind didn't.  I haven't watched all of Thompson's karate matches but highly doubt he has ever been in a war like that.