Paying college athletes, I don't see why people argue for it, much less argue racism

Mofome

I agree, I didn't think they would be able to pull it off(paying). Then add in lawyers,tax attorneys sports agents and what about walk on's ,and small sports like curling.

The (most) athletes on full ride get an amazing opportunity that they wouldn't get otherwise. Then have the bleeding hearts throw the racism card in, they don't realize if they not running from linebackers they would be running from the law(not all)

I don't think paying college players will be in lieu of scholarships.  I think it will be in addition to it.  4 and 5 star recruits would get full ride and maybe 2k per month cap in extra cash.  I can't picture the scenario of giving a kid 97k a year but no scholarship.

Let me explain it to you. Nick Saban makes $8,000,000 per year. That's $150,000 per player with a 53-man roster.

Kansas Bill Self makes $5 million dollars per year, That's $417,000 per year for each player on a 12-man roster. That's more than the NBA minimum salary. That's called market inefficiency. The reason the market is inefficient is that the NCAA is running professional sports franchises but not paying the players any money. It is a plantation system. They harvest the players efforts to line their own pockets.

Poor lowly Kansas is also paying two football coaches a total of $4,000,000 which is $75,000 per year with a 53-man roster. That is a poor school that cannot hope to compete.

Now think about why you don't want these players getting any of that money. They are mostly black and thugs and they don't deserve it. The thought of it makes you angry. You'd rather see the white coach makes millions while the players stay on the plantation. That's racism.

Also there is no draft in a free market. Drafts are not about free markets. They are about control of labor and equal competitiveness among teams with the theory that giving each team a chance will increase profits for the whole league. That is why the major leagues have players unions. The ownership always pursues anti-free market strategies and attempts to create a monopoly and operate as cartels.

In a free market, a player has the ability to play where they want for as much as they want without any arbitrary rules being imposed on them to limit their ability to make money. That is the reason that the powers that be have given the sports leagues, including the NCAA, exemptions from basic labor laws.

Guest boatboatboat

Give a player a 5 year voucher for school.

The voucher is good for life.

When playing if they want to work a job rather than attend classes they can.

if after their playing days are over they want to attend school, they can.

All Jersey sales with a players number/name generate 25% of the profit to the player.

Guest boatboatboat

Also there is no draft in a free market.

If I take a Job with proctor and gamble, they tell me WHERE I WILL WORK.

Just like if you take a job in the NBA

The "free market" is you don't have to work for Proctor and Gamble or play for the NBA.

You are free to work for Johnson or play in Europe.

If I take a Job with proctor and gamble, they tell me WHERE I WILL WORK.

Just like if you take a job in the NBA

The "free market" is you don't have to work for Proctor and Gamble or play for the NBA.

You are free to work for Johnson or play in Europe.

No, they don't. They tell you where they would like you to work. If you don't want to work there, you can get a job somewhere else. A player can only work with the team that owns his player rights. His ability to play where he wants is eliminated. He can't play for a competing business. He has to give up his career and work another.

If the NCAA wants to have non-scholarship athletics, they can raise volunteers for the team just like any high school team. Once you have scholarships you are compensating the player and the NCAA says that is compensation enough because it makes them more money.

Guest boatboatboat

No, they don't. They tell you where they would like you to work. If you don't want to work there, you can get a job somewhere else.

Correct if you don't want to work for them you work for another company

The NBA is a company with multiple franchises. If you work for Mc Donalds and they send you to a franchise you don't want to work at go to Wendys.

NBA sends you a team/franchise you don't want to work for go to Europe. You are "free" to do so

Correct if you don't want to work for them you work for another company

The NBA is a company with multiple franchises. If you work for Mc Donalds and they send you to a franchise you don't want to work at go to Wendys.

NBA sends you a team/franchise you don't want to work for go to Europe. You are "free" to do so

No, it isn't. It is a collection of business operating as a monopoly and enforcing rules that are illegal but they have been given an exemption. If you work for McDonald's in the NBA, you cannot work for Wendy's. You have to get another career. You are owned.

Guest boatboatboat

basketball in Europe is not another career.

its working for another group of franchises with over seas locations.

obviously the NBA are franchises. Try starting a team without buying a franchise from them

basketball in Europe is not another career.

its working for another group of franchises with over seas locations.

obviously the NBA are franchises. Try starting a team without buying a franchise from them

Exactly, they are a monopoly. That is why monopolies are illegal. So yeah, you will prohibit a black man from having a job in the United States and tell him to go fuck himself and play where he is told. But if the rules apply to you, it is a different story.

Yes, there is the NCAA which does not pay. In fact, you cannot even play in the NBA until you have gone through the NCAA and done what the NCAA and NBA have colluded to require of you.

Three was the CBA but it went bankrupt because it could not compete against the monopoly which is the whole reason for having a monopoly.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Great write up, Mofo.

Even though you may be way the heck out in left field on this, I think its fantastic you're able to say it.

Whether I agree or diagree, this is a great example of the aptitude of mike yanks.

This guy...he would berate you if he disagreed. He wouldn't intellectually challenge you, he would just SPEW.

LMAO guy didn't believe Toronto laid dd on totals last season? What a joker man, the guy is always looking for a fight. And he's wrong every time, that's the back breaker. Whatever he's missing in his life, I hope he finds it. He tried substance abuse, that didn't work. Tried to bet Bear 2 thousand H2H, ended up getting smoked. Regardless of the monetary value he got beat badly.

I think if college players want pay for play, the answer is simple. You're pay will be deducted from your university fees. You know, all that free education, free food, facilities ect.

Pay to play is absurb IMO.

Great write up, Mofo.

Even though you may be way the heck out in left field on this, I think its fantastic you're able to say it.

Whether I agree or diagree, this is a great example of the aptitude of mike yanks.

This guy...he would berate you if he disagreed. He wouldn't intellectually challenge you, he would just SPEW.

LMAO guy didn't believe Toronto laid dd on totals last season? What a joker man, the guy is always looking for a fight. And he's wrong every time, that's the back breaker. Whatever he's missing in his life, I hope he finds it. He tried substance abuse, that didn't work. Tried to bet Bear 2 thousand H2H, ended up getting smoked. Regardless of the monetary value he got beat badly.

I think if college players want pay for play, the answer is simple. You're pay will be deducted from your university fees. You know, all that free education, free food, facilities ect.

Pay to play is absurb IMO.

Rito proved you wrong. They laid double digits a few times. All year.

Exactly, they are a monopoly. That is why monopolies are illegal. So yeah, you will prohibit a black man from having a job in the United States and tell him to go fuck himself and play where he is told. But if the rules apply to you, it is a different story.

Lol its not a monopoly