Bruce Boudreau - lol

richsox24

Ill take him as coach of the Sens any day. Guy takes over franchises in the dumps and makes them consistent winner

Im not a clutch/choke believer so im on the side of the argument that says hes simply been on the wrong side of bad luck. The guy wins though

Its not as if Ducks played poorly last night either. They outplayed Nashville, just lost the game. thats hockey 

Ill take him as coach of the Sens any day. Guy takes over franchises in the dumps and makes them consistent winner

Im not a clutch/choke believer so im on the side of the argument that says hes simply been on the wrong side of bad luck. The guy wins though

Its not as if Ducks played poorly last night either. They outplayed Nashville, just lost the game. thats hockey 

Disagree,

he took over Wash who was trending up and did nothing with them (dont think they ever made it out of 1st round even tho they were the 1 seed multiple times).  Hard feet to accomplish.

He then took over Anaheim who was a playoff constant and has done nothing with them.  

I know the NHL playoffs is a crapshoot and a game of inches but I dont think he's ever (not even once) gone as far in the playoffs as his seed said he should go.

And the Ducks lost last night because they weren't ready at puckdrop and spotted a good team 2 goals.  That's on  fat Bruce.  He'll be gone within days.  

Disagree,

he took over Wash who was trending up and did nothing with them (dont think they ever made it out of 1st round even tho they were the 1 seed multiple times).  Hard feet to accomplish.

He then took over Anaheim who was a playoff constant and has done nothing with them.  

I know the NHL playoffs is a crapshoot and a game of inches but I dont think he's ever (not even once) gone as far in the playoffs as his seed said he should go.

And the Ducks lost last night because they weren't ready at puckdrop and spotted a good team 2 goals.  That's on  fat Bruce.  He'll be gone within days.  

Bruce was HC of the Ducks for four full seasons. They won their division EVERY single season. Never finishing worse than 4th best in the West (this year). Top 2 overall in the west the other three years

Before Bruce was HC they missed the playoffs 2 out of the previous 3 years and had gone five straight seasons without winning their division. So no the success Bruce had with this team was not a continuation of a constant, he built the team up with great coaching.

I do understand people eventually getting fed up with being great and not winning in the playoffs but again that just comes back to how you view playoffs in hockey (or any sport). Most like to see it as if you lose you didnt play well enough and thats players/coachings fault. Or guys choked and cant handle pressure. I view it differently

Hitchcock probably would have been fired from St Louis also if they lost game 7 to Chicago. Hell he might still be on the hot seat if they lose quickly to Dallas. But id disagree with that also, he has built them (along with of course having great talent with guys like Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Tarasenko, Steen, Boumeester etc) into a consistent winning machine that just hasnt had good fortune in the playoffs. Only one team can win, it doesnt mean everyone else wasnt prepared or played poorly

A good example of how tough hockey fortune can be was the Caps/Flyers. I would argue the most dominant game weve seen in this playoffs was a game Caps lost 2-0. They were more dominant in that game then they were in the game they won 6-1. Philly couldnt even get close to getting shots off while the Caps were peppering Neuvirth all game. But one guy stood on his head and Flyers lucked out into a win. Doesnt change how dominant that game of hockey was for the losing side

• 2 weeks later...

Sens wanted him bad, guess he chose Wild. Cant blame him, likely offered more money (Sens owner known for being a bit cheap) and Melnyk also known for having unrealistic expectations for the team. Wild roster better positioned to win, even in the tough Central 

As said though, Bruce wasnt gonna be out for work long.