What do your close friends, wife/chicks, and strangers think of your gambling ADDICTION?

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

If you're like me, you don't try to hide it.

And while we all aren't out losing our rent money like BL, some times are turbulent and the hardship. When Im on a streak, people would crap a brick with 2-4 thousand a game. Most normal people would never put 4 thousand on black athletes or 20 year old white chicks (WTA).

My experience is normal dudes are cowards, they'd never wager even a hundred bucks despite NON STOP crap talking about how smart they on the topic of sports...

chicks HATE it...Even local chicks in Nevada.

You tell a local chick youre a gambler the EYE ROLL comes like, "oh, another one of THOSE".

Do you ever explain to the average joe how gambling works?

Speaking to you the community- we all know how to play. And speaking to the community- isn't it a bit astonishing how your loud mouth buddy that watches all the games, doesn't?

Vig/Juice, Run lines, Puck lines, 2H bets, 1st Period, Grand Salami, and don't even get me started on Tennis betting. Most MFs don't even know how Tennis even is SCORED.

Very few people understand us.

We are a minority. 

Guest ChrisHarvard

People just don't understand us.

I am sick and tired of walking in to a bar and every swinging dick in there is a freaking expert, but those dudes wouldn't even lay 50 BUCKS on their trash talk.

That's why they are at a freaking BAR and not at home in the office CAPPING.

It takes a very special person to play cards professionally. I wish I could do it, but I'm lousy at cards.

That doesn't mean I won't play in the HOLD EM tourney at the TGF BASH. Of course I will play.

I guess what I'm saying, it's tough trying to predict the future. And we trytrytry day in and day out.

The average dude or chick has no idea what we go through.

It's much more complex than doing shots and shouting "YEAH! Thats my boy! YEAH!".

No MF, that's not your boy and you didn't win jack from that play. So, sit down.

We've got money on this stuff.

When I need advice from a broke fanboy, I'll let you know. Back of the bar MF. 

Guest ChrisHarvard

Everything outside of living and dying is a choice if we are free men.  

Those choices can sometimes come with consequences. 

TRANSLATION:

Back off Durito.

Diabler has my back, tough guy.

I dont talk about my gambling with many people, maybe 2-3 friends id ever even bring it up around. Even when people ask who i have on a game were watching (or if i even have anybody) id prefer not to talk about it much. 

One of the last things id ever want for myself is for gambling to become who i am. Its something i like to do but many other things id rather talk about with friends

You must have intellectually challenged friends. If the person is reasonably intelligent not hard to explain.

I've found most people think gambling is pretty normal. Talk about it at work, bars, parties or anywhere else where sports are being watched or discussed.

When I explained the xpressbet promotion to people they thought it was genius. Even my mom who is skeptical of gambling due to my grandfathers horse and dice degening could understand how it worked and that it wasn't gambling due to zero risk.

my man thinks I'm crazy, but whatever, it's a harmless vice, imo. 

I'm too cheap to turn it into a full-blown addiction. 

And I'm not bragging, but I always make a little bit of money. It's not worth the hours spent watching games and reviewing commentary, but it's a hobby that pays for itself. 

I guess I can make decent money if I upped my unit by 10x, but then it wouldn't be fun, it'd just be painful and I can't live that way. I can't believe so many of you bet so big. 

Wife doesn't care.  She likes to gamble as much as I do.  

My kids don't care.  Hell, they will be betting on the Kentucky Derby this weekend.  I let them pick 3 horses every triple crown race and exacta box them.  

Couple of my close friends are big time gamblers.  So really no reason to try to hide it from anyone. 

Just be yourself.  If people don't like who you are, fuck em. 

I dont talk about my gambling with many people, maybe 2-3 friends id ever even bring it up around. Even when people ask who i have on a game were watching (or if i even have anybody) id prefer not to talk about it much. 

One of the last things id ever want for myself is for gambling to become who i am. Its something i like to do but many other things id rather talk about with friends

Same here. Most of my guy friends know but they also know I do not like to actively talk about it because it is a personal hobby. I never speak of it around females and broke diks because they only care about what they can get out of it.