What should my cut be for this contest?

Teddy kgb

I have a fun idea for an NFL contest but I want to make money off of if someone pulls off the impossible,..

Im not looking for ideas on how to tweak the contest, just an idea on how much I cut myself in for, but just to explain how the contest works it will go like this...

I will stake 10 posters a 55-50 wager on week-1 of the NFL, place their bets and move the money around if and when it gets too big..

They will have to go 15-0 over the course of the 21 week season, doubling up on every bet...

So it would pretty much look like this....

1 million dollars

I'm going to ask for a 10% cut if someone can pull it off and 40% if at any time they want to quit early?

Yes they could do it on their own and yes everyone has 50 bucks of their own to start this but it's a free roll and will be fun and take my time and possibly money (I plan on playing some picks to break me even)

Is that a fair cut? Another question....should I go invite only? If I go invite only for guys I think I could pull it off it's probably guys who won't play....gotta think about that one

So basically you will be giving out $550 total to 10 guys. And the only way you win money is if someone goes 15-0. In which case, you only get a cut of the large sum?

If Im reading this correct, I think taking 80% would be fair. Its your money. Give the guy who made the picks 20% (200Kish in your example) as a tip for picking the winners.

(edit: I just noticed a quit early clause. In which case, Id take 90%)

Diabs....I plan on playing on some of the picks in hopes of at the very least breaking even....

I could do a POD thread and follow there for free but if I could get 10 guys who's plays I really want and know that they're trying to win and will be there every week if alive then it's a good chance I'll at the very least break even and have a fun time

Diabs....I plan on playing on some of the picks in hopes of at the very least breaking even....

I could do a POD thread and follow there for free but if I could get 10 guys who's plays I really want and know that they're trying to win and will be there every week if alive then it's a good chance I'll at the very least break even and have a fun time

Guess it depends more on your motives. IMO giving anyone 20%+ would be more than generous.

I did think 50/50 split would be fair then I started thinking I was ripping them off.....I'm only kicking in 55 bucks and they are the ones who have to go 15-0

Yeah.  I hear you.  But its the NFL.  Is it really that much work?  You are basically flipping a coin every week and hoping to get lucky.  

Like you said, its basically a free roll.  I doubt too many people would turn down a free shot to take home some considerable cash because its too much work.  Even at a measly 20% tip at the end.  

I would like Fishhead to answer this......I know if I walked into WH with 500k and asked if I could throw it down on one NFL game they would say kick rocks....But if I started with $550 in their cage and built it up to 25-50-100 k and said let me double down or I'm taking it all out and not betting with you anymore....then I would think they would take the bet