What does the 2nd Amendment mean to you?

Balco

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you know where i stand on gun laws balco

Other civilized countries are much safer in large part because not every punk is walking around strapped with a deadly weapon. 

If guys are just walking around normally and they get into an argument with someone that escalates, you see fist fights that typically at most end up in a little blood and a night in jail (sure you have a guy die the rare occasion from this but very, very rarely). Now give those guys guns and its easy for someone intoxicated or even just angry to make a bad choice in a split second that ends one life and ruins another (not to mention all the lives attached to those two who will be greatly impacted). 

I really dont understand the feeling of need people have to own guns. What is the purpose? People somehow say to protect themselves from the g'vt or other nonsense like that. Do you really think a few guns is gonna do a damn thing for you against the government if they were coming for you? The same people with nukes, drones, etc?

Im also not somebody that believes just because things were written a certain way at the founding of a country that they are intended to or should stay that way forever. The world is much different than it was hundreds of years ago, laws/rights must adapt with the times. 

Amendment literally means a change, but guys act like their freedoms or rights are taken away if anyone even hints and changing them a bit. Other countries have had the same gun laws at the US, saw they made little sense with all the shootings/major tragedies taking place and then make quick work to change their laws. They are better off for it now. 

^^^  

Tripp still clueless.  He has no concept that the US is a different animal when it comes to guns.  You cant compare other "civilized' countries to the US. 

You can't effectively take guns away in the USA.  No way.  No how.  There are too many.  

Only thing that would change is some law abiding citizens would turn them in.  And what does that accomplish?

Nothing. 

^^^  

Tripp still clueless.  He has no concept that the US is a different animal when it comes to guns.  You cant compare other "civilized' countries to the US. 

You can't effectively take guns away in the USA.  No way.  No how.  There are too many.  

Only thing that would change is some law abiding citizens would turn them in.  And what does that accomplish?

Nothing. 

I think it would be a very slow process but over a good amount of time its possible to weed out the guns. It wont happen in a week, it wont even happen in a year 

At least start with making them very difficult to obtain, not just sign up and buy one online or head over to f'ing walmart to pick one up. 

You also start by not allowing citizens to walk around with guns. Police officers should be the only people walking down the streets with guns attached to them. And the credibility of some police depts is a whole other issue the US needs to work on with all the stories theyve had over the past couple years (and this was always happening just now more evident with everyone recording everything on their phones), but that is already being worked on and in theory these are people you should be able to trust to protect you and act honorably with their weapon

Im not naive to the fact that this is a tough battle, a seemingly unwinnable battle to change gun laws. If it were easy Obama would have gotten it done in his 8 years, i know he wants to. You can see it on his face every time he has to make a speech after another senseless mass shooting. Hes frustrated things cant get done to prevent it. Clinton is someone that will work to get it done also. But its a tough battle and one that will have to be one very gradually 

^^^

Tripp still clueless. He has no concept that the US is a different animal when it comes to guns. You cant compare other "civilized' countries to the US.

You can't effectively take guns away in the USA. No way. No how. There are too many.

Only thing that would change is some law abiding citizens would turn them in. And what does that accomplish?

Nothing.

'oll korrect, sir.

I am a mostly Democrat voter who has never owned a firearm, nor do I forsee why I would ever choose to own one in the future.

But the notion of disarming, or even significantly reducing private gun ownership in a population that currently possesses at least 350,000,000 is simply preposterous

The primary obstacle to disarming the US population is not the 2nd Amendment. It is the 4th Amendment.

Private firearms are for the most part small in size and easy to conceal or hide. Authorities would not be able to confiscate guns without first obtaining legal search warrants.

Even with such warrants, service and implementation of these warrants would take hours per address. The gun owner simply conceals the weapons or moves them to a different location.

If police were even willing to faithfully serve such warrants and they were able to successfully seize 1000 guns every 24 hrs it would take approximately 900 years

This absurdity could be illustrated with more in depth arithmetic but if someone does not get it from my above summary, no further expansion on the idea would persuade them.

I refuse to debate here with anti gun touts at this point, but might chime in at a later time. Understand one part here where criminals will always get their hands on any firearm they want. You are going to wish you had a firearm if your wife or GF, Non heterosexual person is getting gang raped. Home invasion with intruder armed-what is your first defense? Run for cover, call police, get a bat, raise your hands and submit? Cops can't get there fast enough and you can't depend on them when I can use my marksmanship and park one on his skull.

I refuse to debate here with anti gun touts at this point, but might chime in at a later time. Understand one part here where criminals will always get their hands on any firearm they want. You are going to wish you had a firearm if your wife or GF, Non heterosexual person is getting gang raped. Home invasion with intruder armed-what is your first defense? Run for cover, call police, get a bat, raise your hands and submit? Cops can't get there fast enough and you can't depend on them when I can use my marksmanship and park one on his skull.

Serious question.. How is your marksmanship when you are 20 beers deep? You can't type coherently when you are drunk so I would assume if someone breaks into your house at 1 am on one of your binge drinking nights then shit will prob not go down as you think.

Serious question.. How is your marksmanship when you are 20 beers deep? You can't type coherently when you are drunk so I would assume if someone breaks into your house at 1 am on one of your binge drinking nights then shit will prob not go down as you think.

Serious answer antigunner, I rarely never hit 20 deep and if so my wife is also is an excellent shot.

Mike I have Crimson Trace with my handguns. One shot one kill even after a 12 pack. Very simple.

Have a good evening...

Serious answer antigunner, I rarely never hit 20 deep and if so my wife is also is an excellent shot.

Mike I have Crimson Trace with my handguns. One shot one kill even after a 12 pack. Very simple.

Have a good evening...

Anti gunner?

Was just asking a question. Was just wondering cu I've seen you not be able to string 3 coherent words together.

Have a good evening

Figured you as a gun guy, KGB. You are right though. One of pluses of living in the country like I do is most people know that there are shotguns in nearly every house and good ol' boys that don't give a damn to use them. People don't venture too far into our areas if you aren't from around here. 

I've never owned a gun but I'm glad that no criminal walking the street knows that........Home invasions would be off the charts if criminals knew that there was a 95% chance the homeowner was unarmed.....especially if it's a single mom or a widow.....

Go get a pistol Teddy. Plummers make $70 an hour.

Exactly.  Balco even if you were in the army and have training you also have to deal with getting up in the middle of the night, fully adrenalized and then having to shoot someone(s) who is if nothing else psychologically prepared for the shit that's going to happen.  Keep the gun but just get dogs.  I haven't locked my front door in 10 years, well except when I lived next to a drug dealer in Reno and didn't want a tweaker trying to walk in the wrong door.

I'm always ready drunk or sober. I'll challenge some of these yahoos here to a shooting target match drunk. Have no clue to why libatards are antigunner...

Dogs, big dogs is also very helpful, but it someone shoots my dog then their life is obviously finished!

LCD and Tripp both anti gun......case closed

I'm not anti-gun you fucking Non heterosexual person .  You're the one with no gun.  I swear to God you liberal fat piece of shit if Bernie said he didn't like Mexicans you would probably beg to suck his dick.  Fucking OC clown.  You are easily the dumbest motherfucker here.  Go back to EOG.

I think it would be a very slow process but over a good amount of time its possible to weed out the guns. It wont happen in a week, it wont even happen in a year 

At least start with making them very difficult to obtain, not just sign up and buy one online or head over to f'ing walmart to pick one up. 

You also start by not allowing citizens to walk around with guns. Police officers should be the only people walking down the streets with guns attached to them. And the credibility of some police depts is a whole other issue the US needs to work on with all the stories theyve had over the past couple years (and this was always happening just now more evident with everyone recording everything on their phones), but that is already being worked on and in theory these are people you should be able to trust to protect you and act honorably with their weapon

Im not naive to the fact that this is a tough battle, a seemingly unwinnable battle to change gun laws. If it were easy Obama would have gotten it done in his 8 years, i know he wants to. You can see it on his face every time he has to make a speech after another senseless mass shooting. Hes frustrated things cant get done to prevent it. Clinton is someone that will work to get it done also. But its a tough battle and one that will have to be one very gradually

This is the absolute gayest shit I've ever read. Fine with you being for gun control, and always respect dissenting opinions.

But to talk about pain on Obamas face and he and the Clintons seemingly being so emotionally evolved is ridiculous. They are politicians dipshit, and if you got drunk and tried to break into their house they would blow your ass away with some kind of high powered weapon that we've never even seen before.

The Clintons and Obama are cocksmokers, as are 95% of politicians, and to believe any different marks you as stupid as fuck. Sorry to be so rude about it, but people like you that think these politicians really "believe" in something are why this, and most every country is totally screwed. They care only about power and being elected, they do not give one fuck about you or I or any of these stupid causes.