gambling nightmare

sports j

I do have a recurring dream that apparently it is sort of common. I'm either in high school or college and ready to graduate and find out that I haven't been going to class and forgot to drop it or unprepared for test and so going to fail. ALways something related to not going to class and being angst ridden or a variation of that same dream. Other than that I have never had recurring dreams, but I've had that one about six or seven times in my life--enough that I remember that I've had it before. LIke I said, apparently it is a fairly common dream.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=207718

I think it's odd that so many people have had the "failed to drop a class" dream. I don't recall that anything close to this ever happened in high school or college so?

I do have a recurring dream that apparently it is sort of common. I'm either in high school or college and ready to graduate and find out that I haven't been going to class and forgot to drop it or unprepared for test and so going to fail. ALways something related to not going to class and being angst ridden or a variation of that same dream. Other than that I have never had recurring dreams, but I've had that one about six or seven times in my life--enough that I remember that I've had it before. LIke I said, apparently it is a fairly common dream.

I think it's odd that so many people have had the "failed to drop a class" dream. I don't recall that anything close to this ever happened in high school or college so?

I had that dream all the time along with going to class in my underwear. My niece went off to college and I had dream I went back to college had that same damn dream again. 

Strangely enough, I have never dreamed about losing money and I have always been obsessed with money.

Apparently so is everyone else.  http://youstayput.blogspot.com/2008/06/reoccuring-dream-about-missing-class.html     What the heck could that mean?   I understand anxiety can come out in dreams, but to have so many have the exact same scenario seems weird.  

My psychoanalysis has been that as a student all your future is tied up in going to class and having your future ruined by missing class is literally your worst nightmare. Your future goes down the drain. It's a time when you are powerless.

My psychoanalysis has been that as a student all your future is tied up in going to class and having your future ruined by missing class is literally your worst nightmare. Your future goes down the drain. It's a time when you are powerless.

Yah...and the Rueful Irony learned later in life....maybe five years...or ten at most out of college is no one you work with gives two craps how well you attended classes or even what you scored GPA

Sounds reasonable. I (almost) always went to class so not sure why that would be a fear per se, I saw something that explained that it teaches you to not get to the end ( whatever it is) and realize you missed it. I don't know. I have always feared getting old and living with regret that I missed out on some crucial aspect of life, so that sounds reasonable also.

Sounds reasonable. I (almost) always went to class so not sure why that would be a fear per se, I saw something that explained that it teaches you to not get to the end ( whatever it is) and realize you missed it. I don't know. I have always feared getting old and living with regret that I missed out on some crucial aspect of life, so that sounds reasonable also.

For me, it is always an afternoon class that was easy to forget. I never missed class either although I did once forget about a night class for an hour or so and showed up late. Probably the more you went to class is the more likely you are to have the dream.

I have been getting this unprepared for exam nightmare for about 16 years since I graduated college - roughly every two/three months. I used to get a school variant while I was in college. It's just manifestation of half-assed efforts and regrets throughout my life.

I have had this dream for years. Mine has me never getting a report card/grades. Once it starts I have it a few nights straight. Drives me nuts. Gives you the feeling that you are forgetting something.

I'm having a nightmare right this minute that I paid $800 for a commanding first place position in an MLB contest, and managed the biggest choke job in forum history to lose said place in less than 36 hours.

you bought that entry?  that was my fear in buying it, that it was going to take too much time and be too risky

you bought that entry?  that was my fear in buying it, that it was going to take too much time and be too risky

lol Yep. And promptly went 1-4 yesterday. My problem was that I am ian action junkie...apparently in contests even, and I'm not patient enough to wait for the perfect play. I would be happy with second place, but at the rate I'm going that may be a far reaching goal.

I'll be going further down the tubes if the Giants can't get another run. Plenty of time. I just have to reel myself in a bit.