THE GREATEST SHOW EVER, PERIOD.

Absolute Royalty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter was amazingly written up until the last 2 seasons.

I loved Hannah's character... but the way Deb ends up and the ending itself are ridiculous

Agree completely, Debs character ruined a lot of it. Her being in love with him and basically everything involving her after she gets her promotion sucks. I liked the season with Julia styles in it. Hannah was badass. Easily my favorite show. I tried to get into homeland but i just couldn't buy it. I love that Dexter never had long extended fight scenes, just build up and the kill. I also liked Mos Def in it.

Guest pocketrockets

First 4 seasons of Dexter some of the best tv ever. The season with Lithgow as the Trinity killer was one of the trippiest/best seasons of any tv show, the ending of that season straight up haunting

Big drop off after that season.

I was a mayor detractor of seasons 5-6-7-8. Rewatched the series entirely with a more open mind and found a lot of sweet moments during seasons 5-6-7. HOWEVER, the sub plots got cheaper and the Deb in love with Dex angle was PURE garbage. 

We already have a cringing situation pulling for a serial killer. We dont need incesto added to the mix. The Doomsday Killer was a pathetic villain. And the doctor on season 8 was full of shit.

The ending was atrocious. The Mazuka having a hot 19 year old daughter got old as well.

He was pretty good, but preferred the Barksdale crew. Marlo was a bitch.

Lol I don't know who those guys are but I love that people really liked the show. Gbenga is one of the nicest guys in the world, his older brother was nuts and his younger brother played ball at jmu. Gbenga was a badass wrestler, small guy but kicked ass.

I was a mayor detractor of seasons 5-6-7-8. Rewatched the series entirely with a more open mind and found a lot of sweet moments during seasons 5-6-7. HOWEVER, the sub plots got cheaper and the Deb in love with Dex angle was PURE garbage.

We already have a cringing situation pulling for a serial killer. We dont need incesto added to the mix. The Doomsday Killer was a pathetic villain. And the doctor on season 8 was full of shit.

The ending was atrocious. The Mazuka having a hot 19 year old daughter got old as well.

Agreed on all counts.

What did you think of Chris Partlow in The Wire?

The best show on right now is HOUSE OF CARDS on Netflix. I'm almost caught up, halfway thru season 4. Absolutely phenomenal show.

BLOODLINE is also very good as is NARCOS, all on Netflix

House of cards is awful.

I heard peeky blinders (something like that) is very good.

The show peaked with Trinity and then just went steadily downhill in every way after that especially just the plot lines in general. Both the season with the muderous Tony Robbins (LOL) and the season where Tom Hanks' kid are the villains were laughable. They could never top Trinity and started grasping and the show became ridic and jumped the shark. Ending was so stupid, I heard it is probably gonna be coming back. But damn the first 4 seasons were good

You are retarded, makes sense you wouldn't like it since the show is a bit in depth and you actually have to think and pay attention a little bit

I don't like a show that you do, so you call me names and offer some psychoanalysis on the Internet? Deep stuff, buddy.

House of cards isn't any deeper than friends.

Guest pocketrockets

You are retarded, makes sense you wouldn't like it since the show is a bit in depth and you actually have to think and pay attention a little bit

I dont think thats the case... House of Cards is all about politics. Doesnt matter how well written it is or how well crafted the actors were, if you hate politics odds are you are not gonna like House of Cards. I love Kevin Spacey, superb actor, I just have enough politic BS to deal in real life, I dont want to watch it on my TV for fun... the genre is not interesting to me.

After all, what are politicians but crooked hypocrites for the most part? Fuck em... fuck em in real life and fuck em on scifi

Guest pocketrockets

The show peaked with Trinity and then just went steadily downhill in every way after that especially just the plot lines in general. Both the season with the muderous Tony Robbins (LOL) and the season where Tom Hanks' kid are the villains were laughable. They could never top Trinity and started grasping and the show became ridic and jumped the shark. Ending was so stupid, I heard it is probably gonna be coming back. But damn the first 4 seasons were good

The rapist Tony Robbins was a 50/50 for me... the arc and story was a good one and had redeeming qualities for Dexter (much necessary after dropping the ball and letting Rita being sliced). The casting was atrocious except for the bodyguard, that guy gave me the creeps. But the main villain was sad and a coward, he's only attribute was his entourage, all alone he was harmless. Dexter craved better villains after Trinity no doubt.

Tom Hanks son lol I guess you mean Doomsday Killer was flat out pathetic. The murders were ok, the criminology side of the arc was fine but again, the casting was atrocious. It did jump the shark as you say. Still a good show for the most part but mainly cause you were already emotionally invested in the characters.

Hannah is the love of my life, what a hot blonde FFS.

Guest pocketrockets

Agreed on all counts.

What did you think of Chris Partlow in The Wire?

I'm gonna be honest here... only watched the 1st 2 eps for the WIre, really hard to get into for me dont know why. I list it on the top list cause it has so many fans across saying is the best (and having the HBO seal of quality) make me think it has to be up there.

I will download it and watch it and let you know.

I dont think thats the case... House of Cards is all about politics. Doesnt matter how well written it is or how well crafted the actors were, if you hate politics odds are you are not gonna like House of Cards. I love Kevin Spacey, superb actor, I just have enough politic BS to deal in real life, I dont want to watch it on my TV for fun... the genre is not interesting to me.

After all, what are politicians but crooked hypocrites for the most part? Fuck em... fuck em in real life and fuck em on scifi

Love politics.

I'm gonna be honest here... only watched the 1st 2 eps for the WIre, really hard to get into for me dont know why. I list it on the top list cause it has so many fans across saying is the best (and having the HBO seal of quality) make me think it has to be up there.

I will download it and watch it and let you know.

He's my hs friend and I didn't even watch it, I'm just interested in what someone who watches as much as you do thinks of his acting. I think he was good in his small role on Graceland but that show isn't nearly as popular and he didn't do much. I don't watch much television, I only watched Dexter when it was over and I watched it all in 3 days.

Guest pocketrockets

Love politics.

I find it curious you dont enjoy House of Cards then... seems to nail that world. I'm a huge fan of mob related crime series, drug trafficking action, medieval sword battle epic action and zombies. Love zombies since I 1st played Resident Evil on playstation back in 1996. Also love forensics and serial killers psychoanalysis.

Hence my love for Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Dexter.