Put My Cat Down Friday.

The X

Thanx for the kind words everyone.

He was a good beast. And he'll be missed. He was our first pet so he's been through alot with us. But it was time. His health had gone down hill the past couple of weeks.

R.I.P Crisco.

We'll miss ya homie.

Cats are Zen incarnate

Cats - as are most all beasts that are not overly domesticated by humans (see DOG) - are 100% in the Now

Cats are self cleaning.....if you have a fenced backyard and neuter/spay them, they will quickly stay within range of the indoors and you will barely need to maintain a cat box for their litter.

Cats are mostly silent, a welcome attribute compared to many other housemates (see DOG and FEMALE)

The X, give us some pros of owning a cat.  Might consider adopting one.  

I adopted one two months ago Kinger...Had always had dogs before, but my dog is getting old and is diabetic. I would say the pluses to a cat mostly revolve around two things. One. They are fun to watch and play with...Kat makes me laugh. Two. They are mostly self-sufficient. You can travel for a weekend without worrying about a kennel.

That being said. They are still work. Kat gets out a lot no matter what I do, and it's a pain in the butt to try to chase her down. Unlike a dog, she will not come when called. My dog didn't shed at all. Cat sheds. You have to be diligent about cleaning out the cat box. They will jump up on things and knock shit over...especially at night. Mine can be loud at times....annoying to wake up with a howling furry thing walking on your head. I had to replace a $70 lamp shade that cat took out last week. I love the company of a pet, but I'm probably too selfish to be a pet owner. One of the reasons I didn't have kids. But if you are not anal-retentive about your house, and you are used to dogs, a cat would be good company, If I had to do it over again, I'm not sure I would get her. I love her though and wouldn't take her back to the shelter, but they live a long time so it's a commitment,

The X, give us some pros of owning a cat.  Might consider adopting one.  

shit and piss in a box

can take a trip and leave them alone

they purr when you pet them

don't need to be taken on walks

live twice as long as a dog

don't bark when door bell rings

can feed them for .50 a day

Sorry to hear X, rip Cisco.. It's tough letting go but sometimes "It's Time".. Just put my 18 year old chow down about 4 months ago that was 8 weeks when we got her.. Man, it just sux out fukin loud... Ever read about the "rainbow bridge".. It's great after losing a fur friend.. Good luck X and keep the rescue going...