Predict the number of wins for Golden State next year

WVU

Why is that so out of the question?

If they had won the title then I could see it happening. GS will be gunning for #1 seed, but other than that you will see more players being rested. To get to 73 wins they had the good fortune of not having to deal with injuries. That is an anomaly and not likely to repeat itself.

Disagree with you on this.

Will Hill also put up these:

GS total wins 73.5 over +450 under -600

Higher scoring average Durant -175 Curry +155.

Before the Zaza and West signings - for nothing - I would have set the number under 70. Those two add the size and depth to the second unit (West) that they lost with the departure of Festus/Bogut. 

This isn't like the Miami team because that was an entirely new team being put together on the fly. This is simply Durant replacing Barnes on a team that just won 73 games.

Their defense will take a step back, but that won't matter as much until the playoffs. The Warriors have 4 All-Stars starting at 5 positions. 3 first all-NBA team quality players, and one 2nd team all NBA quality player. They can rest players and still win 70+ I think. Unless they sit their entire starting unit a few times this year, which they may, I think 70 should be easily obtained. 

I am of the opinion that now that they have the regular season wins record they won't push quite as hard next year, especially early. It can (arguably) be said that this was a factor in them not being quite as dominant in the playoffs.

Great as KD is, I think they would've been better served addressing their issues in the middle and adding more toughness to the roster. He's a volume shooter, and the old adage of not having enough balls to go around may apply here.

I remember the Heat struggling for the 1st month or so after Lebron came in, l can see the same thing happening here. No doubt they will right the ship, but I think early chemistry issues will keep them under the 66.5 total.

• 3 months later...