Raonic vs Murray

Blue

Murray has really had Raonic's number lately- he's beaten him five times in a row.

Raonic has beaten him four times in their careers, but that was earlier on. Back then, no one new what to really do with Raonic and that monster serve of his...

Murray is a master returner, though, and it seems he now knows exactly how to play against Raonic.

But, tomorrow, the pressure is definitely more on Murray. Raonic wasn't even expected to be here. Murray and Berdych are two pros still sometimes bothered by big matches.

I don't know- numbers seem right. Maybe slightly lean Raonic? Could be that I just want to see him win, though.

I just want to see him win, though.

Me too.

I remember a news story on a Toronto TV station years ago featuring a teenage Raonic and his coaches saying he was something special.

Have always been cheering for the kid. (Thornhill, ON is part of the GTA - Greater Toronto Area).

Guest pocketrockets

I think this goes over 4 sets at least 40 games

+1

other than that stay away... chalk too high for me on Murray, and while Raonic seems the best play for value I dont see him beatng Andy, not now

Raonic was kind of ignored by canadian tennis fans the past few years. He was good but never seen as a threat on the mens side that pretty much was always the big four (with Wawrinka sneaking in there lately). All the attention went to Genie who shot to absolute super-stardom here (probably the most popular non-hockey canadian athlete at the time) and then got just as much attention for her complete collapse down the rankings last year 

But as she fell apart his game has improved, he is much more than just a server. He puts way more pressure on the opponents serve than he used to, wins much more rallies, is much more consistent with that monster forehand of his. Hes a legit top 5 player in the world that will compete for majors consistently. Still a bit off Murray and Novak but the gap is certainly smaller and hes joined the top contending group of Fed, Nishikori, and Wawrinka