Ezekiel Elliot a lock to win Rookie of the Year?

KingRevolver

Swear on my life I tried to convince my mom to let me change my name to Ezekiel when I was in 1st grade as there were 3 others in my class with the same given name. Glad she didn't give in. She told the story last year to my whole family and guests at thanksgiving. Lol

"The prophet" you coulda been a tout

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best friend to a rookie QB? A rookie TE. Higbee could post nice numbers in junk time for a team likely to be trailing early and often. Rams could be in junk time with 5 minutes left in the 1H.

Tyler Boyd playing with Green and Eif is a decent value.

Dixon behind two guys who get injured a decent bit and who he's more talented than in Baltimore.

Interesting board

lynch or wentz if they somehow start would,

if st louis makes playoffs, Goff would win likely

Wentz doesn't face a single intimidating defense -- if secures the gig by week 4 or 5 if have to think he would be the favorite of the QBs. Not only do I personally like him better than the others, but the division should be high scoring - his D is unlikely to stop anyone. If they have an early bye the chances of him getting in quickly are enhanced, obviously the bye week is ideal for getting a young QB prepared. Something to consider at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Coleman is incredible

Corey Coleman dominated the Browns' Friday night intrasquad scrimmage with three deep balls from Robert Griffin III.

Beat writer Tony Grossi called him "scintillating" and "dynamic." Coleman whipped slot CB K'Waun Williams for a 35-yard gain, Tramon Williams for 53, and Justin Gilbert for a 41-yard touchdown just inside the right corner of the end zone. "I've seen some rookies come in and they don't catch on that fast," said CB Tramon Williams, who's been in the NFL for a decade. "What he's doing, it's been awesome." Added coach Hue Jackson of Coleman, "He's a fantastic player."

Best friend to a rookie QB? A rookie TE. Higbee could post nice numbers in junk time for a team likely to be trailing early and often. Rams could be in junk time with 5 minutes left in the 1H.

Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard reports Rams fourth-round TE Tyler Higbee is having a "great" training camp.

Bedard went as far to attach a Travis Kelce comparison to Higbee, noting the rookie's "swagger, playing style, and the defense wanting to punch him in the face." Kelce plays with a noticeable edge, and Higbee seems to be in the same mold. Higbee (6'6/249) would have come off the board before the fourth round if not for some serious off-field concerns. In a Rams offense devoid of playmaking pass catchers, Higbee has a chance to play a ton of snaps right out of the gate. But it's worth noting, rookie tight ends face one of the steepest learning curves in the sport. Higbee is someone to target in Dynasty with an eye toward 2017.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports second-round WR Tyler Boyd has made a standout play "seemingly every day during camp."

"He's in tune with everything we're doing," coach Marvin Lewis said. "His effort, his energy are good. His assignments are good. And we know the athleticism and the ability he has to make plays on the football." If there's a nitpick, OC Ken Zampese says the team "(needs) more urgency on a consistent basis from (Boyd)." Boyd is being forced into a rookie role, but at least thus far, it's looking like the shoe will fit. Boyd is on the WR5 radar in standard leagues.

My man

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis confirmed second-round WR Tyler Boyd is having a strong training camp.

"Tyler's exceeded my expectations," Lewis said. "He's really worked and done the things we expected him to do. He's taken it and ran with it." It's the latest hype from the Bengals coaching staff on Boyd. Brandon LaFell is locked into the No. 2 role opposite A.J. Green to open the year, but Boyd could push for some early-season slot value if Tyler Eifert isn't ready for Week 1.

ESPN Rams reporter Steve Dilbeck reports fourth-round TE Tyler Higbee "appears headed for serious playing time" as a rookie.

Dubbed "Little Baby Gronk" by teammates and coaches, Higbee has been one of the positives at Rams camp. Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard recently attended practice and compared Higbee to Travis Kelce. Higbee is dripping with long-term upside as a ex-wideout in a tight end's body, but it's really tough to see him being anything more than a back-end TE2 in a sad offense at a tough position to learn.

According to ESPN Rams reporter Steve Dilbeck, sixth-round WR Mike Thomas "has more drops than any player in camp."

Thomas has strictly been working with the second- and third-team offenses at training camp. There's been some buzz that he's developed a chemistry with fellow rookie Jared Goff in practices, but it doesn't sound like Thomas is making a strong impression. He's no higher than fifth on the depth chart.

• 2 weeks later...

Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson said second-rounder Tyler Boyd is the "unquestioned leader in the clubhouse" in the battle for the No. 2 receiver job.

This statement comes just a day after The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner Jr. speculated the Bengals plan to ease Boyd into action. The primary takeaway here is this situation remains as fluid as any in the league. If Brandon LaFell (hand) can prove his health and effectiveness, he will likely open the season as the starter opposite A.J. Green with Boyd working from the slot. If LaFell struggles, Boyd should get his shot.

Source: bengals.com Aug 23 - 10:53 AM

Odell didn't make the playoffs and neither did Gurley. Boyd can be the next Carl Pickens

Here are the last winners:

1992 Carl Pickens Cincinnati Bengals Wide receiver

1993 Jerome Bettis Los Angeles Rams Running back

1994 Marshall Faulk Indianapolis Colts Running back

1995 Curtis Martin New England Patriots Running back

1996 Eddie George Houston Oilers Running back

1997 Warrick Dunn Tampa Bay Buccaneers Running back

1998 Randy Moss Minnesota Vikings Wide receiver

1999 Edgerrin James Indianapolis Colts Running back

2000 Mike Anderson Denver Broncos Running back

2001 Anthony Thomas Chicago Bears Running back

2002 Clinton Portis Denver Broncos Running back