Why doesn't MLB allow games to end in ties?

easy does it

I'm surprised this hasn't been up for debate more. I'm not talking about calling it a tie after 9 but rather playing somewhere between 4-6 extra innings if the game is still tied and simply call it a tie if the game is still tied.No one wants to see batters pitching because a team is out pitchers or teams with empty benches and no pinch hitters left. I'm sure a majority of the players and managers would prefer it as well. No one wants to see a game finish at 1 am.

I'm surprised this hasn't been up for debate more. I'm not talking about calling it a tie after 9 but rather playing somewhere between 4-6 extra innings if the game is still tied and simply call it a tie if the game is still tied.No one wants to see batters pitching because a team is out pitchers or teams with empty benches and no pinch hitters left. I'm sure a majority of the players and managers would prefer it as well. No one wants to see a game finish at 1 am.

STOP

I once sat through a 20 inning game. Luckily it was a 1:10 start.

Nothing but 0s after the 9th inning until winning run was scored. Was one of the worst experiences of my life.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=330608121

The pain would be so much less if it was called after 15 innings

Those chains binding you to your seat are admittedly painful