Daily Complaint Thread

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really they are from my heart surgery in 2013.Not going to lie though haven't really made any payments I mean when I'm staring at bills that would take me decades to pay what's the point of paying a $150 bill here or there

Chapter 7?

Are they in collections? When was the last payment that you made? You could inadvertently toll the statute of limitations by making a payment, So think long and hard about your plan before doing that.

I sued people, and executed on judgments for 15 years for unpaid medical bills, so I know my way around that arena pretty well. That was in Colorado, but Federal collection laws are universal, l and state laws won’t differ all that much.

Do they know where you work or bank?

Chapter 7?

Are they in collections? When was the last payment that you made? You could inadvertently toll the statute of limitations by making a payment, So think long and hard about your plan before doing that.

I sued people, and executed on judgments for 15 years for unpaid medical bills, so I know my way around that arena pretty well. That was in Colorado, but Federal collection laws are universal, l and state laws won’t differ all that much.

Do they know where you work or bank?

Thanks for the feedback yes they started garnishing my check about a month ago.The thing that concerns me is not what is being garnished now that bill is a little over a grand but the ones that have more zeros lol

Thanks for the feedback yes they started garnishing my check about a month ago.The thing that concerns me is not what is being garnished now that bill is a little over a grand but the ones that have more zeros lol

Understood. . There is usually a physician’s bill and also a facility or hospital bill. The hospital bill is obviously the one to worry about. Are they being handled by the same agency? They may have started with the small one as not to spook you into a bankruptcy, But odds are it will probably follow. In Colorado they can take 25% of your disposable income. I am not sure about the 605.

....you could offer them a settlement. I’m guessing however if you had the means to do that it would have been done. It’s hard to make headway on a bill of 5 figures by offering a payment plan with interest accruing. They may do it, but little incentive for them to do it if they know where you work and like you said, it will take you forever. I guess it depends how much the garnishment is impacting you. I would go with the assumption that the larger bills will unfortunately follow though.

I had a friend get caught with no insurance and had to have emergency heart surgery. I think he had to end up filing bankruptcy. It was too bad, but there was just no other option for him.

Understood. . There is usually a physician’s bill and also a facility or hospital bill. The hospital bill is obviously the one to worry about. Are they being handled by the same agency? They may have started with the small one as not to spook you into a bankruptcy, But odds are it will probably follow. In Colorado they can take 25% of your disposable income. I am not sure about the 605.

....you could offer them a settlement. I’m guessing however if you had the means to do that it would have been done. It’s hard to make headway on a bill of 5 figures by offering a payment plan with interest accruing. They may do it, but little incentive for them to do it if they know where you work and like you said, it will take you forever. I guess it depends how much the garnishment is impacting you. I would go with the assumption that the larger bills will unfortunately follow though.

I had a friend get caught with no insurance and had to have emergency heart surgery. I think he had to end up filing bankruptcy. It was too bad, but there was just no other option for him.

Yeah actually the 25% doesn't really matter other than cutting in to my gambling which I guess is a bit of a problem.I did read that only one creditor can garnish your check at once so there's that.It is a life changing event to get caught having major medical problems without insurance its amazing what these hospitals charge

Yeah actually the 25% doesn't really matter other than cutting in to my gambling which I guess is a bit of a problem.I did read that only one creditor can garnish your check at once so there's that.It is a life changing event to get caught having major medical problems without insurance its amazing what these hospitals charge

Yes that is true. A total of up to 25% of your disposable is all that can be taken at once, so if one creditor is taking 25% then the other is out of luck until the other is paid or the garnishment expires. In Colorado they have to re-issued after 90 days if not paid. Each time there is the cost of having the court issue it and having it served on your employer. That all gets added to your garnishment,.... not sure how long they are good for in the 605. If you have a copy of the writ, it will be marked on there. Sometimes there is a brief lapse between expiration date and the time the new one is reserved.

In any case, good luck whatever you do. I have always had insurance and the bills are costly enough, so I can imagine how it would be for something like a heart surgery if you don’t have coverage!

go outside enjoy

I should. It’s actually 60° and sunny here today. I have some afternoon action though and trying to decide if I want to break down and buy some bitcoin cash. Considered it two days ago and didn’t. It’s kind of a principal thing for me since I can’t stand Roger Ver, but I actually don’t hate the coin.

Yes that is true. A total of up to 25% of your disposable is all that can be taken at once, so if one creditor is taking 25% then the other is out of luck until the other is paid or the garnishment expires. In Colorado they have to re-issued after 90 days if not paid. Each time there is the cost of having the court issue it and having it served on your employer. That all gets added to your garnishment,.... not sure how long they are good for in the 605. If you have a copy of the writ, it will be marked on there. Sometimes there is a brief lapse between expiration date and the time the new one is reserved.

In any case, good luck whatever you do. I have always had insurance and the bills are costly enough, so I can imagine how it would be for something like a heart surgery if you don’t have coverage!

I really do appreciate the response on the bright side it's finally feels like spring today

Went to my Local Union picnic today and over did it on my drinking and I’m sitting here embarrassed......I was sloppy.....every member I talked to asked how much I had to drink, so I know I was wearing it...

Top it off I bet $500 on O8.5 Reds/Cards and it was 4-3 Top 9 with bases loaded for the Reds and their #4 hitter up and 1 out.....DP

I’m getting up early tomorrow and meditating and then working out.....not going to post here any longer, just to pay/collect contest I’m in....pouring out all the booze in the house and find a hobby

Hope you are having a better day today Ted. Not sure that burrito was a good idea though.

How come there are no adult only swimming pools in cities outside of resorts or hotels?

I understand that at apartment complexes etc, it’s against some discrimination law, but why are there no public or private pools anywhere else? I love laying out and pool time, but I want someone bringing me a pina colada, and have no screaming kids around. I would think there would be a market for that sort of thing but I have yet to find anything.

There might be a designated hour but here it’s between 5 and 6 PM. All the good sun is gone by then and it’s only an hour.

If someone can locate a town or city with one of these, I would be forever, eternally grateful.

I guess that’s redundant.

Long time friends who story tell to try making you think their lives are better than they actually are. 

Gotta cut ties with those people!

That’s a good one. That annoys me as well.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t do social media.

My sister is like that. Oh wow, look I’m going on this trip, then to here and there. Wow, we’re so happy!

Dude, in order to take a hot shower at your house, you need to physically go downstairs and kick or do something to the hot water heater. The thought of using your bathroom gives me anxiety and I’d rather walk two blocks to use the bathroom at a gas station. Not that she invites family over because her dwelling is such a mess anyway.

Look at me, I’m at the airport on my way to Florida! If one of her fake friends got the idea to rob her house, because it must be full of riches based on her fb portrayal, they’d break in and think it was as a bad dream, where they were stuck in the middle of a dumpster.