If you have or had a kid... would you let him start playing football?

KingRevolver

Guest ChrisHarvard

Every single poster on this board is a former stand out athlete, even if it was division 2, 3, or even just h/s.

Naturally, you teach your child what your gift is. Some can put the ball in the hoop, some can see the ball, some kick the ball, hit with a racket, club, ect.

Pee wee football is way more dangerous than people realize. Kids should not play until junior high. Saw a segment where little kids take hits that are equivalent to more force than NFL because of their weak necks. This concussion stuff is going to kill football eventually, at least the way it is played now. Guys that never had a concussion have a 70-year-old man's brain.

I would let my kid play football but one concussion and he'd be done.

They have almost a 100% hit rate on these spots in the brain that cause Alzheimers with NFL players. Brett Favre already cannot remember hardly anything.

Hell I guess I was a shitty father because  I encouraged my son to take up boxing. I loved it when I was a kid because many kids at school had their own gloves and we would go over to each others houses, tell the moms we were going to listen to some rock in the basement and proceed to fukkin murder each other. We used to beg our gym teachers to get rid of fukkin wrestling and let us kill each other but the pussification was already rearing it's ugly head back in the 60's and 70's. I went to an open gym class for my kid back around 1996 and the teacher had the little mutts climbing over or under a bar that was set up. Every kid in class would clap when a tall kid would go over a bar set at maybe 2 feet and applaud when a fat pant load would crawl under a bar set at 3 feet. When a couple of fathers approached this fuckwad of a teacher and said WTF is going on here? He in all seriousness said "We want every child to succeed". Fukkin muppets have trained the kids to be everything else except being a fukkin normal kid.