MLB trade deadline Thread

Timely Hitting

Hellickson was a salary dump trade not a signing. With Hill on the shelf is the best pitcher available.

I'd actually like the Phillies to keep him and QO him. After Ruiz and Howard are gone after this year, he would be the defacto team leader.

I get trading him, I just think he has more value long term to this team than a #5ish organizational prospect

Hellickson not worth anywhere near the 16.7 million dollar projected qualifying offer.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These lazy SOB's make no trades while I'm sleeping.

Do you hope the Sox give up Sale or Quintana?

They keep talking on the radio saying, Frazier/Robertson/Melky could all go, which would be nice.  But they are seeing what people are giving up for Miller/Chapman and saying as much as you'd hate to lose Sale/Quintana, you could completely rebuild in a few year with all the prospects you'd get in return.

Do you hope the Sox give up Sale or Quintana?

They keep talking on the radio saying, Frazier/Robertson/Melky could all go, which would be nice. But they are seeing what people are giving up for Miller/Chapman and saying as much as you'd hate to lose Sale/Quintana, you could completely rebuild in a few year with all the prospects you'd get in return.

Think it's in their best interest to move quintana. I wouldn't move sale though.

They have some pitching to replace quintana and they need to fill some holes in the field.

I'd move Robertson (burdi should be ready next year), quintana and maybe melky if you get a nice package.

I think it'd be terrible to move Sale.  He's really the only reason to watch any Sox game.  Quintana is almost/or as good, but for some reason I don't feel like I have to watch the game when he's pitching.

This season seems like it's over.  I don't think they'll get rid of their only draw.  They need to get another lefty bat especially if they dump Melky.

Love to see Sale go to the Dodgers. My spies tell me they may have something cooking with the A's, but who knows.

Time to part with Puig.

Puig cheap and a fan favorite. Every game 100s of jerseys with his name on back in stands. Of course having sale would be tremendous but at what cost?

Dodgers have urias and de leon. Cheap young pitching. Urias is going to be a star. No way is sale coming w/o urias in lineup.

Dodgers rotation next year will be nice.

Kershaw

Maeda

Urias

Mccarthy

Anderson

Kazmir

Ryu

De leon coming soon. Dodgers please don't fuck this up.

This stupid fuck gave up a lot for 2 rentals that wont even bring a draft pick. I hope this See you next Tuesday gets fired. Holmes hurts a lot.

Frankie Montas, Grant Holmes and Jharel Cotton

Hill and Reddick to the Dodgers. This deal makes them instant WS favorites. Not!!!

:laugh

Lets see what the dumbass gave up in return