Breaking News the NCAA has pull the march madness out of greensboro

CarolinaKid

AA pulls 2017 basketball tournament games from Greensboro

All NC tournaments pulled; transgender provisions in HB2 cited
UPDATED 4:29 PM EDT Sep 13, 2016

GREENSBORO, N.C. —NCAA officials announced Monday that first- and second-round games of the Division I men's basketball tournament will not be played at the Greensboro Coliseum in 2017.

North Carolina also lost D-I NCAA tournament games in women's soccer, women's golf and women's lacrosse for the 2016-2017 season. One Division II tournament and two Division III tournaments rounded out all seven events that were pulled from the state.

Officials said in a statement that the decision is based on "the cumulative actions taken by the state concerning civil rights protections."

The statement doesn't use the term House Bill 2 but does say North Carolina "has the only statewide law that makes it unlawful to use a restroom different from the gender on one’s birth certificate, regardless of gender identity." The statement also said North Carolina law "provides legal protections for government officials to refuse services to the LGBT community."

Replacement locations for all the pulled tournament events will be determined soon, according to the statement.

The NCAA's statement continues below:

"The Board of Governors emphasized that NCAA championships and events must promote an inclusive atmosphere for all college athletes, coaches, administrators and fans. Current North Carolina state laws make it challenging to guarantee that host communities can help deliver on that commitment if NCAA events remained in the state."

North Carolina's collegiate teams will still be allowed to play tournament games on their home campus if they qualify for such games and their sport allows for such arrangements.

ACC Commissioner John Swofford issued a statement against the state's transgender law, adding he expects the conference's presidents and chancellors to consider relocating the ACC football championship game from Charlotte.​

Gov. Pat McCrory, who signed the bill into law during a special legislative session in March, issued the following statement Tuesday afternoon:

"The issue of redefining gender and basic norms of privacy will be resolved in the near future in the United States court system for not only North Carolina, but the entire nation. I strongly encourage all public and private institutions to both respect and allow our nation’s judicial system to proceed without economic threats or political retaliation toward the 22 states that are currently challenging government overreach. Sadly, the NCAA, a multi-billion dollar, tax-exempt monopoly, failed to show this respect at the expense of our student athletes and hard-working men and women."

The campaign spokesman for state Attorney General Roy Cooper, McCrory's Democratic re-election opponent in November, said the law needs to be repealed.

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton tweeted her support for the NCAA decision Tuesday morning, saying, "Discrimination has no place in America." Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump had yet to weigh in as of Tuesday afternoon.

)

The NCAA’s announcement Monday that it was pulling its scheduled 2016-17 championship events out of North Carolina, in reaction to the state’s so-called “bathroom bill,” provoked some strong reactions. One particularly noteworthy response came from a spokesperson for the state’s Republican party, whose comments sparked a new set of reactions.

“This is so absurd it’s almost comical,” North Carolina Republican Party spokesperson Kami Mueller said in a statement Monday. “I genuinely look forward to the NCAA merging all men’s and women’s teams together as singular, unified, unisex teams. Under the NCAA’s logic, colleges should make cheerleaders and football players share bathrooms, showers and hotel rooms. This decision is an assault to female athletes across the nation. If you are unwilling to have women’s bathrooms and locker rooms, how do you have a women’s team?

“I wish the NCAA was this concerned about the women who were raped at Baylor,” Mueller continued. “Perhaps the NCAA should stop with their political peacocking — and instead focus their energies on making sure our nation’s collegiate athletes are safe, both on and off the field.”

doing a lot of things at this time in my area, my buddy open his new suite at duke this past sat for a group of 20 and trump and pence has been in this state every week it seems like now, we are doing a thing for pence in pinehurst in a couple of weeks but yes i might head back to the beach sat for a few days.....until nov the gov and the president races has me busy sir

doing a lot of things at this time in my area, my buddy open his new suite at duke this past sat for a group of 20 and trump and pence has been in this state every week it seems like now, we are doing a thing for pence in pinehurst in a couple of weeks but yes i might head back to the beach sat for a few days.....until nov the gov and the president races has me busy sir

What time do you have to get the Govs shoes shined by?