The TGF Fantasy FB League Shit Talk Thread: Joseph, Come on out and get your whooping'.

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in a (different) league where the following trade was just accepted: Stefon Diggs and Delanie Walker for Ezekiel Elliot. That's messed up, don't you think?

The trouble is, the person getting Elliot is both my-brother-in-law and, even worse, the commissioner of the league. The other guy is some dude I've never met who happens to be a co-worker of my bro in law.

I've already registered displeasure, but will probably let it go to preserve family harmony. But I'm not happy about it.

oh, and btw, the guy dealing Elliot is in no way loaded with good players

As soon as Ivory gets healthy enough he'll be the starting RB in Jax imo.

This trade will not greatly affect the competitive balance of the league.

It's difficult for any trade to be perfectly even.

Disagree.  This is a current starting RB.  No guarantee Ivory takes the job from him.

Vs. an injured backup.  Not even.  Even Balco admits he fucked up and wants the deal nixed.  

Disagree.  This is a current starting RB.  No guarantee Ivory takes the job from him.

Vs. an injured backup.  Not even.  Even Balco admits he fucked up and wants the deal nixed.  

Langford is coming back soon.

If he changed his mind on the trade then he should cancel.

I think you have at least 2 days to cancel any trade on Yahoo. Not sure about NFL.

The league is set up so that the commissioner (me) is NOT allowed to go in and veto/nullify a trade offer. The league votes on an accepted trade and if over 50% says "no," then the trade does not go through. This setting is chosen at the beginning of the season.

The parties involved have as much time as they wish to think over a trade, but once they accept, I don't know if one party can renege. The people involved in the trade can take a look on their team page and see what their options are.

I don't think it's a lopsided trade so no veto here.

Bam!

I think it's a good trade since Balco wants to give me his guy for my guy for who knows why.

And in other news, I told you VD was going to come back.  By the end of the season Diabler will be begging him to use more lube. 

Classic Trump supporters.  Just causing trouble, making bad choices, getting outmaneuvered and then whining.  Trade should go through.  Uncle Dildo put the ball gag in and get back in the cage.  TIA.

Can owners please veto my trade offer? I made a honest mistake by choosing the wrong Bears RB. I clearly meant Howard and not Langford who is out for the season. It's a bad & not fair trade. Thanks and good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

Langford is out 4 to 6 weeks and most likely lost his job if when he returns. Not fair offer by any means.

Thanks.

Chicago Bears running back Jeremy Langford will miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter. He’s the latest in a long list of running backs who’ve gone down with an injury over the first three weeks of the NFL season. That list also includes Adrian Petersn, Arian Foster and D

I'm in a (different) league where the following trade was just accepted: Stefon Diggs and Delanie Walker for Ezekiel Elliot. That's messed up, don't you think?

The trouble is, the person getting Elliot is both my-brother-in-law and, even worse, the commissioner of the league. The other guy is some dude I've never met who happens to be a co-worker of my bro in law.

I've already registered displeasure, but will probably let it go to preserve family harmony. But I'm not happy about it.

oh, and btw, the guy dealing Elliot is in no way loaded with good players

Nope, seems normal. Walker was a top TE last year and diggs is breaking out

Outsider POV here - not a fan of leagues where the other teams dictate your fate by voting on trades. I've seen more problems with them and it'll tear apart a league fast.

TheDiggs/Walker for Elliot trade is somewhat lopsided (Diggs and Walker both banged up) but I've seen far worse. Can't really tell people how to run their team unless it hurts the integrity of the league.

Outsider POV here - not a fan of leagues where the other teams dictate your fate by voting on trades. I've seen more problems with them and it'll tear apart a league fast.

TheDiggs/Walker for Elliot trade is somewhat lopsided (Diggs and Walker both banged up) but I've seen far worse. Can't really tell people how to run their team unless it hurts the integrity of the league.

You're probably right about letting people veto, but it's typically not a problem. This particular situation arose because one person claimed to have made a mistake and is asking if there is anything that can be done. I tend to feel the same way about letting trades stand as long as collusion is not involved.

The Eliot situation is one where I actually suspect collusion is involved to some extent (or at least plenty of one on one "advice giving," since the parties involved work together) but I have no way of knowing for sure. No one knows the dude who is giving up Eliot except for my bro in law, so I'm not really sure what's going on. It's also a keepers league, so a trade of this nature has repercussions for years.

You're probably right about letting people veto, but it's typically not a problem. This particular situation arose because one person claimed to have made a mistake and is asking if there is anything that can be done. I tend to feel the same way about letting trades stand as long as collusion is not involved.

The Eliot situation is one where I actually suspect collusion is involved to some extent (or at least plenty of one on one "advice giving," since the parties involved work together) but I have no way of knowing for sure. No one knows the dude who is giving up Eliot except for my bro in law, so I'm not really sure what's going on. It's also a keepers league, so a trade of this nature has repercussions for years.

I wonder if that trade is made, seeing how Diggs is probably out until after the bye now. The co-worker undervalued Elliot since it's a keeper league.

Sol, your starting RB's in the OGD league are Powell and Asiata. I'm strong at RB but weak at TE. I'll give you Crowell or Ryan Matthews for Graham. You have Witten. Good trade for both teams imo.

Ill consider that. Cant really do anything right now. But maybe send me something and Ill try to take a look at it sometime tomorrow.