What's the largest amount of cash you've ever lost?

KingRevolver

Lost?  Not that much.

Stolen?  $500.

Left my wallet on the counter of a convenience store in Vegas.  No fucking clue how I did that.

Got to Sams Town to check into my hotel, and realized I didn't have it.  Went back to convenience store.  Store employee said the guy behind me in line turned it in.  Gave me my wallet back, and the $500 was gone.  

So either the queer behind me took the cash before he turned it in, or the store employee took it.  Either way, it was not a good way to start a gambling trip in Vegas. 

Lost?  Not that much.

Stolen?  $500.

Left my wallet on the counter of a convenience store in Vegas.  No fucking clue how I did that.

Got to Sams Town to check into my hotel, and realized I didn't have it.  Went back to convenience store.  Store employee said the guy behind me in line turned it in.  Gave me my wallet back, and the $500 was gone.  

So either the queer behind me took the cash before he turned it in, or the store employee took it.  Either way, it was not a good way to start a gambling trip in Vegas. 

You should've called the police and told them you wanted to look at the surveillance footage.

I did. They told me I lost my wallet, so I didn't have much of a case. But I could go in and file a police report if I wanted.

Dumb.

I haven't the slightest clue what the POLICE situation in Vegas is, but every time I go I see accidents and the POLICE don't show up

Apparently FIRE is tasked with deciding who is at fault and writing tickets. I was told POLICE don't respond to traffic accidents. 

Shortage of COPS? 

I've always been a guy that pulled myself up by the bootstrings and made my own way. I left home at 16 and had my first place later that same year along with a friend while still in high school. Well due to my enormous appetite back in the day for drugs,alcohol and cigs i found myself living in my car and on peoples couches for a couple years in the late 1990's until a near death experience and hospital stay straightened my ass out,worked my ass off and got my life back on track at the millenium.

Well my gf had this doc she knew since childhood and we ended up getting scripts for painkillers in return for getting him ambien and xanax this went on six or seven years and i made a shitload of cash selling mason jars full of opiates. Anyway i didn't realize i forgot to put 800 bucks in my wallet and it was in my lap i got out at a store the wind was blowing and money flew everywhere it looked like lets make a deal there was about three or four folks chasing the wind for my money and i never bothered chasing it i had so much cash laying around. In mid 2005 i had 17 grand in the bank but soon had two kids and went back to work and the doc dying and supporting a family that money was gone soon.

While in high school I sold some weed it started off small but kept growing.Without really saving I had upwards of 50k I a kept in a duffle bag one morning I go down to add to my pile bag was gone.Figured I got robbed by a friend or customer years later my dad told me he threw the bag away because he was worried I might go to jail.Every once in awhile when I'm broke or he is broke I give him crap about it we have a good laugh.

Lost $100 as a kid. My great grandfather always gave the younger kids a $100 bill for xmas. Lost mine and blamed everyone in my family for months. When my mom moved about 15 years later she was pulled down some blinds and founded it folded up where I had apparently hid it.

I'd love to tear apart my parents attic.  I hid so much stuff up there.  Been up there a few times and never could find anything I hid.  I have a feeling they fell down between the plywood and 2x4s.

I used to hide my good sports cards up there.  Money.  Cool rocks I found.  Never trusted when my brother had friends over, always thought they'd beat me up and steal my shit, so I hid all the stuff I cared about.

Same with Joey, grandparents would buy us 500 worth of gifts when we were little, if we only had 300 worth of toys/clothes picked, they'd give us cash for the rest in a card.  I was 15 or so and didn't want to bring it up to my parents, because I thought they'd be mad that I lost it.  That spring when I was going to buy a car, my parents gave me the $200...Apparently those bastards took it, because they thought I'd go off and spend it on stupid shit.