Your reaction on November 9th?

TerraFin

Some of you/us are really vested in this election.

If you're really into Trump and he loses--then what?

And if you're anti-Trump, and he wins, then what?

I honestly don't think anything will change either way.    The Dems will probably win control of the senate and keep Trump in check.

If Clinton wins, the GOP has the house, and nothing gets done.

What is really going to change either way?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has a clue what happens if Trump wins. He has no experience, no policy,  and will face one of the most unsettled political landscapes ever seen

Everyone knows what you get with Clinton. The devil you know.

From my vantage point we'll see the end of one comedy and the start of another, especially if Trump wins.

The USA is the laughing stock of the entire globe.

That won't happen.

And you know it.

Without the senate or house, how can he possibly cut spending and lower taxes?

The dems will NEVER cut spending programs.

Nothing will change. Absolutely nothing.

I don't see the R's losing the House or Senate. Republican landslide is coming.

I don't see the R's losing the House or Senate. Republican landslide is coming.

You're starting to really be a homer Cop.

The composition of the Senate is 54-44-2 right now.

The Dems need to flip 5 because Bernie the Independent already caucuses with them.

Everyone (Even in the GOP) concedes Illinois, Indiana to the Dems.

That's 2.

Pennsylvania-Wisconsin make 2 more.

That leaves just 1.

New Hampshire, Missouri, North Carolina, and Nevada are all toss up, and 3 of those are held by  GOP.

Polls have Ross (D) up in NC, and Kander (D) up in Missouri.

GOP should win Nevada.

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

I'm a cut and paste warrior :laugh

As an interested civil engineer, I decided to do some number crunching to see how incredibly expensive this particular project will be. Thankfully, engineer Ali F. Rhuzkan already provided material estimates for the wall. I simply took his material estimates, found national average costs, and totaled them up. Let’s break it down step by step. The previous calculations stated that the wall will be built using pre-cast (place and set at indoor facility and transport harden concrete panels to job site) and cast-in-place (wet concrete placed at site) concrete. We will also need to include the steel rebar in the material costs. Going off of materials estimate we have… 167,272,000 cubic yards of cast-in-place concrete at $93/cubic yard = $15,556,296,000 1,030,000 segments of 10’ pre-cast panels at $17/panel = $17,510,000 2,500,000 tons of steel rebar at $600/ton = $1,500,000,000 Total Material Cost Estimate: $17,073,806,000

$17 Billion!! To give you a mild idea of how much that is, $17 billion is roughly NASA's yearly operating budget. And let’s take a reality check for a moment: this is only a rough materials costs for the project. I haven’t yet taken into account the cost of labor or machinery, not to mention the millions of dollars it would cost for design work, surveying, and land acquisition. If I had an RSmeans book (construction estimating tool) handy I would be able to do a more in depths cost estimate of this Wall. Yes, this is a total estimate of how much this is really going to cost. If you have questions over where I got the numbers, please refer to my sources. I apologize for any poor grammar or misspelled words This great and mighty Wall is going to cost a LOT of money. Thankfully Mexico will just pay for it all, so we don't have to worry about this too much....right?

Our leaders aren't listening to us

Rasmussen Reports released a poll on Tuesday that shows “voters reject Obama’s new Middle East refugee plan.”

News of widespread public opposition to more refugees comes three days after Saturday’s stabbing of ten Americans in a St. Cloud, Minnesota mall by Somali refugee Dahir Adan, and the bombings in New York and New Jersey, allegedly perpetrated by Afghan immigrant and likely refugee Ahmad Khan Rahami.

email address

SUBMIT

It also comes on the same day the Obama administration snubbed Congress by refusing to appear at statutorily required Senate hearings to testify about the proposed increase in refugees and as President Obama is in New York City, speaking to the United Nations about globalism. On Monday, the United Nations General Assembly held a Summit for Refugees and Migrants along with representatives of the politically powerful, federally funded, resettlement industry.

Tuesday evening in New York City “the Clinton Foundation is honoring a Palestinian teacher whose husband is a convicted terrorist.”

The immigration and refugee policies and actions of the Obama administration, the Clinton Foundation, and Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton appear to be wildly at odds with public sentiment.

“Voters strongly oppose President Obama’s plan to bring 110,000 Middle Eastern and African refugees to this country next year, up from 85,000 this year, and view that decision as an increased danger to U.S. national security,” the poll concluded.

Seventy-four percent of likely voters oppose increasing the number of refugees from 85,000 in FY 2016 to the 110,000 President Obama has proposed for FY 2017. Only 18 percent of likely voters approve of the proposed increase, or think it is too little.

Hillary Clinton’s proposal to accept an additional 65,000 Syrian refugees annually could potentially cost $403 billion in lifetime costs if implemented all four years in a hypothetical first term.

That’s according to a new analysis released Monday by the Senate subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest.

Currently, the Obama administration is planning to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees in fiscal year 2016, which ends September 30.

In total, the Obama administration is planning to take in 85,000 refugees, while the original plan was to take in 100,000 refugees. Clinton’s proposal would potentially increase that number to 155,000 refugees entering the United States annually.