20 percent of Trump supporters think banning slavery was bad idea

TerraFin

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More unarmed whites are shot by police then any other group combined. Yes, I understand that according to percentage of population whites are still being shot at a lower number but, why don't any of these cases get any press?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-14/fresno-police-release-video-deadly-shooting-unarmed-white-man

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana – The ‘Take ‘Em Down Nola’ group, which has aligned itself with the Black Lives Matter movement, is now saying publicly they plan to tear down New Orleans’ most iconic monument in the city.

During a protest outside of New Orleans City Hall, a group of Take ‘Em Down Nola, which has made threats against the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) and Mayor Mitch Landrieu’s administration in the past, said police will have to step aside this weekend as they plan to physically tear down the equestrian Andrew Jackson monument in the French Quarter.

email address

SUBMIT

“So you plan on tearing down the Andrew Jackson monument?” one reporter asked the spokesman of Take ‘Em Down Nola.

“Yes,” the spokesman responded.

When asked about how sure Take ‘Em Down Nola was on the threats of ripping the statue down, the spokesman said “That’s not a threat, that’s a promise.”

“We understand that the city and the police department are going to be out there to try and prevent us [from tearing down the monument], but we’re asking them to step aside and let us do what is our civic duty,” the spokesman said.

advertisement

Take ‘Em Down Nola said it had been “too long” for residents to see four historical monuments in the city come down, after Landrieu pushed the idea last year following the AME Baptist Church shooting in South Carolina.

The Andrew Jackson monument is not included in Mayor Landrieu’s collection of four monuments, which includes the iconic General Robert E. Lee statue, commonly dubbed “Lee Circle” at the heart of the city’s central business district.

Take ‘Em Down Nola is not only asking that monuments be removed from the public square, but is now demanding that a local Fox News-affiliate, FOX8 News, remove the Andrew Jackson from their logo design.

“Will you ask your people, your boss, to take Andrew Jackson off the logo,” a Take ‘Em Down Nola protester holding a ‘Stop Channel 8’ sign asked to a FOX8 news reporter.

Over the weekend, Take ‘Em Down Nola made threats against the City, vandalizing monuments with the message “Take ‘em down or we will,” as Breitbart Texas reported.

The group says they are expecting hundreds to come out to the Andrew Jackson protest to help tear down the monument this coming weekend.

So that's your source?

An internet media outlet which has a bullet point in it mission statement that reads, and I quote.

To liberate oppressed knowledge.

Yes, you had asked where the stories were, as if they were being oppressed. Glad to liberate that story for you.

Here's another look at the incident.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-shooting-20160721-snap-story.html

Trump said black communities are in the worst shape they've ever been.

Honestly, is Trump a bit slow? All jokes and hyperbole aside, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a Presidential candidate say.

This country used to enslave black people. Then they segregated and lynched them.

How can you even make such an ignorant comment? How could you be so out of touch? 

Yes, you had asked where the stories were, as if they were being oppressed. Glad to liberate that story for you.

Here's another look at the incident.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-shooting-20160721-snap-story.html

I didn't ask where they were, I can find stories via conservative news websites. I asked why they aren't press worthy. That is when you don't find a story, a story finds you. These nagger shooting stories find you no matter what city and state you live in. They get broadcast to me every 15 minutes on my ride into work via news radio. If you think the story you posted has had coverage like these shitheads have gotten you're crazy. If you think they get picked up as frequently you're crazy. There is a huge media slant regarding race and crime in this country. Do you agree or disagree?

The opening episode of SouthPark Season 20 spoofed it well....They have their recurring theme of the election coming down to A Giant Douche vs A Turd Sandwich

Clinton is the TS

The GD is transexual Mr Garrison with his VP Caitlyn Jenner.

He is really getting worried...."No matter how stupid and inflamatory I get, my numbers keep rising! What can I do to make sure I lose?!?"

That is the Trump conundrum.

He doesn't want to trade his current life for that of POTUS.

So he will continue to increase the absurd, lying and inflamatory comments in hopes of sabotaging his own campaign.

Would not be surprised to see him totally disregard the debate moderator(s) and just attack Clinton verbally as a way to avoid answering any questions directed at him

I didn't ask where they were, I can find stories via conservative news websites. I asked why they aren't press worthy. That is when you don't find a story, a story finds you. These nagger shooting stories find you no matter what city and state you live in. They get broadcast to me every 15 minutes on my ride into work via news radio. If you think the story you posted has had coverage like these shitheads have gotten you're crazy. If you think they get picked up as frequently you're crazy. There is a huge media slant regarding race and crime in this country. Do you agree or disagree?

I disagree.

Trump said black communities are in the worst shape they've ever been.

Honestly, is Trump a bit slow? All jokes and hyperbole aside, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a Presidential candidate say.

This country used to enslave black people. Then they segregated and lynched them.

How can you even make such an ignorant comment? How could you be so out of touch?

Yeah they used to enslave them, now they recruit them to be lifeguards even if they can't fucking swim.

For racial equality.

Labor unions, police and fire tests have gone to pass or fail instead of grading straight up as that was deemed unfair to blacks. Standardized test score requirements are lower for African Americans then whites in many areas.

Government funded construction job require preset percentages of African American labor hours on jobs. Percentages of money spent with minority vendors.

Any black person with half a brain and a good work ethic can write their own ticket in this country.

I have worked within the government social service in Cook County IL known as Ceda. The government will come in and make your home more energy efficient for qualifying applicants whom are mostly black.

I have worked in an untold amount of black homes with a common theme. Elderly owned home with adult children and grandkids living there.

Elderly black people are great. Honest folk usually retired from a real job. I can tell they harbor no ill will toward me and are happy a white person is coming in to do a professional job in their home.

They hate the youth today. These elderly people endured rocks and such being thrown at them while trying to attend public school and paved the way for the youth today. And the youth don't do a gd thing with it. There are more blacks attending college then in the past but there is a lot of regression within the black community as well. These shitheads have every opportunity at their fingertips but many choose to just chill out and sit on milk crates all day and watch the cars go by.

I disagree.

When you posted your story you used a shit meaningless site from a Google search. You went looking for a story, that story didn't find you. Then you used the kids name to find a real news outlet. What's that mean? It means you don't know shit. You don't know what stories you are missing. You aren't even qualified to answer the question about slanted media even though your ego has you thinking differently.

When you posted your story you used a shit meaningless site from a Google search. You went looking for a story, that story didn't find you. Then you used the kids name to find a real news outlet. What's that mean? It means you don't know shit. You don't know what stories you are missing. You aren't even qualified to answer the question about slanted media even though your ego has you thinking differently.

My answer quickly refuted your question. I apologize.

When you turn on your car radio you are searching for the news just the same. It doesn't just find you, you program the dial.

You only hear what you want, turn your nose up at an internet source and then lap up every word of Breitbart.

Predictable but that's OK.

You like to really play on words, pretty childlike but I can roll with it. Seems to be all you got.

The all news all the time radio was an example of mainstream media. It's not my only source of media. I already stated that. And it is biased, which again I already stated. Maybe you should read my posts twice as it seems reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Again

I asked you if you thought there was a media slant based on race and crime and you disagreed. And again you posted a link from a site that has included in their mission statement that their goal was "to liberate oppressed knowledge"

You thought your link supported your claim but actually it refutes your own. Highly embarrassing I'm sure.

You like to really play on words, pretty childlike but I can roll with it. Seems to be all you got.

The all news all the time radio was an example of mainstream media. It's not my only source of media. I already stated that. And it is biased, which again I already stated. Maybe you should read my posts twice as it seems reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Your post simply asked:

"Why is the shooting of a black man the only shooting that is press worthy?"

My answer provided you with a press worthy story from an internet portal, knowing full well the source would be questioned. Linking you to the 4th or 5th largest newspaper in the country seemed to be discounted.

The news doesn't count if you look for it angle seems a little shallow.

Again

I asked you if you thought there was a media slant based on race and crime and you disagreed. And again you posted a link from a site that has included in their mission statement that their goal was "to liberate oppressed knowledge"

You thought your link supported your claim but actually it refutes your own. Highly embarrassing I'm sure.

No, liberation of oppressed knowledge is a great thing. Glad to help.

Your post simply asked:

"Why is the shooting of a black man the only shooting that is press worthy?"

My answer provided you with a press worthy story from an internet portal, knowing full well the source would be questioned. Linking you to the 4th or 5th largest newspaper in the country seemed to be discounted.

The news doesn't count if you look for it angle seems a little shallow.

I have already clarified the above statement in which you have in bold. I clarified it in regards to the readily available widely accepted news sources that people historically go to for information.

Why do you continue to base responses based on that statement when I redefined the specifics of said statement?

Your beloved LA Times

LA Times

The LA Times was the first newspaper I ever noticed openly admitting to racial censorship. This was back in 2007. The paper made an online database of homicides. They offered a sort of apology for including the races of the perpetrators. They stated that it was normally their policy to censor this information.

On June 6, 2007 the LA Times made this official statement. “Racial information was once routinely included in news stories about crimes, but in recent decades, newspapers and other media outlets stopped mentioning suspects’ or victims’ race or ethnicity because of public criticism. Newspapers came to embrace the idea that such information is irrelevant to the reporting of crimes, and may unfairly stigmatize racial groups.”

By “public criticism,” they are referring to bullying by radical racial groups like the NAACP

https://occupationoforegon.wordpress.com/media-censorship-race-and-crime/