Tiger Woods Returning Finally...

Timely Hitting

"I see Tiger at the Medalist. We talk and have played nine holes together," Parnevik tells Golf Digest senior writer Guy Yocom. "By the way, he's been hitting a lot of balls, and he's hitting it great. He's pounding it a mile and flushing everything. On the range, at least, his trajectory and ball flight are like the Tiger we knew 15 years ago. Comebacks are never a sure thing, but something tells me his might be spectacular."

Hard not to love Tiger playing golf.

At this point, I have my doubts on a full return; his back and knees are a mess. Odds that he can even stay healthy and finish are small, but I hope it happens. The game is better with Tiger; even if he's not the same Tiger of old and can only be great sporadically. I'm pretty excited for his return. It's been a long time since we've seen him on the golf course. 

This is big news though as I thought he was finished. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't even belong on the same course at this point, with the likes of Day, DJ, Rory. 

We'll see; I tend to think he's probably done as much as that hurts to say. Three back surgeries is a complete disaster. His swing was always so violent and powerful; there's a reason he changed it twice during his prime. 

That said, would there be anything cooler in golf than the old vet putting together a round in a major against the young guns? That would make for some incredible Sunday golf. Tiger at his best was better than those guys and if those weekends are in there even sporadically it would be great for the game. 

imo when tiger dad died, tiger on the golf course died too

Tigers greatest performance, IMO (the Masters demolition was incredible so I'm not saying it wasn't), was in the 2008 US Open on a broken leg and torn ACL... so I don't think what you said is true at all. 

Tiger definitely lost his moral compass following his dad's passing, but injuries killed Tiger. Nothing more, nothing less. He's the greatest that's ever played the game regardless.

i wonder will he even make the cut the 1st time back

yes+322

no-512

He'll probably withdraw after day 1 if he's buried

We'll see; I tend to think he's probably done as much as that hurts to say. Three back surgeries is a complete disaster. His swing was always so violent and powerful; there's a reason he changed it twice during his prime. 

That said, would there be anything cooler in golf than the old vet putting together a round in a major against the young guns? That would make for some incredible Sunday golf. Tiger at his best was better than those guys and if those weekends are in there even sporadically it would be great for the game. 

In his prime he would SMOKE all of them. Thing about Tiger is, he had the double threat. He was much better then everyone else, and they were all afraid of him. Kind of like Tyson. Guys were beat as soon as Mike was walking out to the ring. Once he got hurt the MYSTIQUE was gone

He's fucking finished. Been finished for 5 years. The steroids broke his body down. I doubt he can even put one decent round together. I say he officially retires within the next 12 months

yes+322

no-512

He'll probably withdraw after day 1 if he's buried

In his prime he would SMOKE all of them. Thing about Tiger is, he had the double threat. He was much better then everyone else, and they were all afraid of him. Kind of like Tyson. Guys were beat as soon as Mike was walking out to the ring. Once he got hurt the MYSTIQUE was gone

He's fucking finished. Been finished for 5 years. The steroids broke his body down. I doubt he can even put one decent round together. I say he officially retires within the next 12 months

Eh, the steroid stuff was always overblown to me. No clue either way, but Tiger was great because he was arguably the best putter the game has ever seen. Tiger's short game is what separated him from the pack. DJ hits the ball as high and far as Tiger, even not further. Tiger's greatness was around the greens, absolutely nothing steroids can do for you there.

He was a big hitter, but his short game is what made him the best of all-time. It sure would be awesome just to get that guy for 4-5 tournaments the rest of his career. I don't expect it every week, but let him play at that level a few more times against these guys and it would be great entertainment. 

I think his body broke down because his swing was always violent. He planted that front leg, did not move that foot much, and exploded down and through the ball with more torque than pretty much anyone in the game. It left his knee vulnerable, and he fucked it up. The drive down through the ball that he generated destroyed his back as well. 

Eh, the steroid stuff was always overblown to me. No clue either way, but Tiger was great because he was arguably the best putter the game has ever seen. Tiger's short game is what separated him from the pack. DJ hits the ball as high and far as Tiger, even not further. Tiger's greatness was around the greens, absolutely nothing steroids can do for you there.

He was a big hitter, but his short game is what made him the best of all-time. It sure would be awesome just to get that guy for 4-5 tournaments the rest of his career. I don't expect it every week, but let him play at that level a few more times against these guys and it would be great entertainment. 

I think his body broke down because his swing was always violent. He planted that front leg, did not move that foot much, and exploded down and through the ball with more torque than pretty much anyone in the game. It left his knee vulnerable, and he fucked it up. The drive down through the ball that he generated destroyed his back as well. 

All i know is, I remember watching the first event of the year. I don't remember what year it was, and he was RIPPED. Maybe 05 or 06. The dude was massive. I couldn't believe it. No chance he didn't juice

All i know is, I remember watching the first event of the year. I don't remember what year it was, and he was RIPPED. I couldn't believe it. 

Rory is absolutely ripped though too. A lot of these younger guys are on these work out regimens. I just don't think steroids really benefit you much in golf. Tiger hit the ball a mile as 16 year old skinny kid - similarly to your bonds thread the other day. He has always smoked the ball. He picked up weights to improve his overall conditioning when he started making millions. I don't know if he did 'roids or not, but I can say 'roids would matter even less in golf than pretty much any sport. Tiger's greatness was derived around the greens.

Golf was a game played by guys who didn't lift or put in the physical work for years; Tiger was different. He was an athlete playing golf.