How many games will it take the Giants to beat the Cubs?

Timely Hitting

I don't even know which team is second best, Toronto?

Cubs have a sizable advantage and it would be a pretty huge choke if they fall short.

They're better everywhere than SF. If SF had Bumgarner for two games, then you could say it wouldn't be so bad if they beat the Cubs, but Samardzija in Game 2 at Wrigley? LOL. 

Will be very tough to win Game 2 at Wrigley because that's a huge pitching mismatch.

I don't even know which team is second best, Toronto?

Cubs have a sizable advantage and it would be a pretty huge choke if they fall short.

They're better everywhere than SF. If SF had Bumgarner for two games, then you could say it wouldn't be so bad if they beat the Cubs, but Samardzija in Game 2 at Wrigley? LOL. 

Will be very tough to win Game 2 at Wrigley because that's a huge pitching mismatch.

Honestly don't think Lester is an advantage over Cueto.

Think Bummy is better than Arrieta.

Hendricks better than Samardzija, but his first big time pressure spot and he's a pitch to contact guy more than a K guy which is preferred in the playoffs IMO.

Cubs clearly the better bullpen and offense, but starters can win a series on their own in the playoffs. 

Boston the clear cut best team in the AL in my opinion and a match-up nightmare for the Cubs.

Honestly don't think Lester is an advantage over Cueto.

Think Bummy is better than Arrieta.

Hendricks better than Samardzija, but his first big time pressure spot and he's a pitch to contact guy more than a K guy which is preferred in the playoffs IMO.

Cubs clearly the better bullpen and offense, but starters can win a series on their own in the playoffs. 

Boston the clear cut best team in the AL in my opinion and a match-up nightmare for the Cubs.

Farrell will do his best to fuck this up.  Brock Holt hitting 2nd tonight.  Let's get our worst hitter as many at bats as possible.  Great idea.  :doh

Who is Holt starting in place of?

He's been playing 3B vs righties over Travis Shaw the last few weeks

Aaron Hill will play against lefties

I'd probably go Shaw, but they both stink so no big deal.  No way Holt should ever be near the top of the lineup though

I would definitely take Lester over Cueto.  

But i don't think the Cubs not winning the WS would be considered a choke.  Heck, they're less than even money to even make it to the WS.  

Eh, a lot of luck and a great defense helped Lester a lot this year. He had a 3.41 FIP. I think he and Cueto are about as even as it gets. That's a great match-up; tough to give the nod to either one IMO. Cueto took a step back right after the all-star break but seems to have righted the ship. 

• 4 weeks later...