Prediction: The markets will drop 10% by years end

Cop

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you should probably learn it then if you're concerned about your 401k. Probably not a wise idea to start moving around stocks in your 401k without a better understanding of the markets.

My 401k is just funds. I transferred my s&p and balanced fund to the stable value fund. If I do anything with my stocks in my brokerage account.... I will probably just buy an inverse wtf. Good strategy or no?

My 401k is just funds. I transferred my s&p and balanced fund to the stable market fund. If I do anything with my stocks in my brokerage account.... I will probably just buy an inverse wtf. Good strategy or no?

Buying puts has a limit on your exposure and potential losses.  You can only lose the premium (which is a fraction of the price of the stock) if the underlying stock price continues to rise.  With an inverse ETF, you have the potential to lose a lot more since you need to invest more in it.  Takes a much smaller investment to hedge with options.

If you ask me, the market is due for a correction soon anyway - no matter who is President.  We're at historically high P/E ratios in the S&P and the Fed should start raising rates soon.

This is my thinking. Feds almost certain to raise rates before the end of the year.

Buying puts has a limit on your exposure and potential losses.  You can only lose the premium (which is a fraction of the price of the stock) if the underlying stock price continues to rise.  With an inverse ETF, you have the potential to lose a lot more since you need to invest more in it.  Takes a much smaller investment to hedge with options.

Thanks